Freedom Questions

cmdrake

My family and I are going on the Freedom on Sept 10th, and we had some questions... Hoping someone here can help:

1) Anyone have experience with the pull-out sofa-bed. Is it usable, or is it like the sofa-bed my grandmother had, with the bar running down the middle that makes it uncomfortable (to say the least) for anyone over 2 1/2 feet tall?

2) Are the TV's on the Freedom DVD friendly (i.e. do they have svideo and/or rca video connections available)? I've seen discussions about hooking DVDs up on the older ships, but I'm hoping that the newer TVs on Freedom are a bit easier.

3) Is water (non bubbly) available from the soda bars? Is it free or included in the pre-paid soda plan? Same question for milk.

4) How does the in-room sitting work? I've seen discussion that I'll need to go sign up @ the purser's desk, but I'm wondering a) do I pay the sitter directly (cash), or pay via my seapass account b) is there a fixed cost per night/hour, or do I negotiate that with the sitter and c) if I'm paying the ship for the sitter, should I tip the sitter?

Thanks,

Carey

Carey,

I can answer some of the questions, but since I've not been on the Freedom yet (going 9-17-06) I won't be able to answer the pull-out bed or TV questions.

Water - bottled water you will have to pay for. But you can fill up your water bottle at anytime for free. The water on the ship is just fine - no worries. Milk - If you're wanting milk at any time of the day for your child??? - I would go to the dining room. In the Windjammer - they have milk in the small-sized cartons. Babysitting - you will need to go to the purser's desk early and set this up. You will pay the babysitter cash each night. And if you want to give her extra, that's up to you. Sometimes, you will be able to get the same person (if you like her). There is no negotiating. I believe it's $8 an hr and a minimum of 3-hrs.

Enjoy your cruise.....I'll be there in 2 weeks:D

Linda

Linda,

Regarding the milk, it wasn't so much any time of the day... Normally our kids get milk @ meals, with water in between, but I was thinking it might be nice if we could get it for snack time. Might just see if we can grab an extra @ breakfast and stash it in the room.

Thanks for the info, and enjoy your cruise. I can't wait till we go.

C.

Hi there !

Make sure you come to the roll call board to meet some us of cruising the same week as you ! The link is at the bottom of my post :)

Did you sign up for the meet and mingle party??

Sue

Hi there !

Make sure you come to the roll call board to meet some us of cruising the same week as you ! The link is at the bottom of my post :)

Done!

Did you sign up for the meet and mingle party??

Sue

Where?

My teenage girls sleep on the sofa sleeper and complain it was hard the first night. I got on it and yep it was like lying down on a wood box. I spoke with the room steward and suggested a foam pad or even a comforter under the sheet. The girls were very happy after that.

The TV had many jackets on the back of it, didn’t look for anything specific. The power plug keep coming out from moving the TV left or right for viewing on the sofa or the bed.

Milk can be ordered in the dinning room (no charge) and they will have it ready every night for you. My girls had chocolate milk every night and if they finished it the next glass was on its way.

You can also get milk any time of day at the cafe' promenade. They do not show that they have it... just ask. Nothing better then warm cookies and milk for a snack any time of day!!!!!!

Babysitting is paid in cash to the sitter... but it is a standard rate fleet wide. It is your choice to tip the sitter or not. I dont tip my sitter at home... so I do not feel the need to tip any other sitters.

You can get a glass of ice water from any bar at any time for free as well. But remember... to ask for a glass of ice water... otherwise you will get a bottle of water and a charge for that. Bottled water is NOT included in the soda card. They have big liter bottles of water that they sell especially by the door on the way out to the port.

Archived