quick POH question - leaving tomorrow!!!

minute

We leave in the a.m. for this wonderful cruise.

Called NCL customer service and not too informative on the following:

1. Are coffee pots in room or have they been taken out?

2. We're on deck 9/balcony room, do the cabins contact shampoo/body wash, etc. in the showers?

3. Hairdryers in rooms? Robes?

With the airline restrictions on carryon toiletries, etc. I'm trying to find out what's in the room and not have to take too much.

Thanks in advance !!!

Sailed POH room 9602 last week. No coffee pot in the room. Ordered 8-cup pot each day via room service. Soap Gel and Shampoo in the shower from a dispenser attached to the wall. Soap dispenser on the wall by bathroom sink. The hairdryer was over by the balcony door (small table with mirror there). Used the hairdryer we brought along. I never used the POH one. DW tried it and switched. There were only two electrical outlets (standard two plug types) in the room. Neither one in the bathroom. One by the balcony door, the other across the room by the LAN port. No bathrobes.

Sailed POH room 9602 last week. No coffee pot in the room. Ordered 8-cup pot each day via room service. Soap Gel and Shampoo in the shower from a dispenser attached to the wall. Soap dispenser on the wall by bathroom sink. The hairdryer was over by the balcony door (small table with mirror there). Used the hairdryer we brought along. I never used the POH one. DW tried it and switched. There were only two electrical outlets (standard two plug types) in the room. Neither one in the bathroom. One by the balcony door, the other across the room by the LAN port. No bathrobes.

This is why everyone needs to take a power strip with them. I don't view the lack of outlets specific to any one company, rather it's industry wide.

If I bring an extention cord, should I get the two prong kind or three prong kind? Which will fit in the outlets in the cabin? I'm sorry, I'm a very non-technical person, no clue what the technical names are for these different types, but you probably know what i mean. Two flat prongs and one cylindrical kind, or just the two flat prongs... Does anyone know the answer? (I'm not the one leaving tomorrow, but i would still like to know :-) Thanks!

We were on POH last week in an AF minisuite. No coffeepots in the rooms but as posted can get a pot of coffee by room service in 10 min. We did not have robes and didn't feel we needed them. The soap and shampoo and conditioner in the shower worked fine. You can ask the steward for bar soap and they will get it for you. I used the hair dryer in the suite and it was quite powerful. The outlets on the ship are 3 prong. It does help to have a powerstrip for charging cell phones, camera batteries etc.. We had an outlet in the bathroom but was stated for shaver only.

Have a great time!

If I bring an extention cord, should I get the two prong kind or three prong kind?

The outlets look like this (only brown)

electrical%20outlet.jpg

I didn't notice the manufacturer, but if the spacing is the same as the U.S. outlets, then you could get something like this (at any hardware store, big box or neighborhood):

24944.jpg

Which plugs into both outlets.

You just don't want to plug six hair dryers into it. I suspect that would blow a circuit somwhere on the ship and draw attention to youself. :)

In my AC room, all the plugs were single 3 pronged plugs, but there were quite a few in the room. A regular power strip would work, but the photo of the one posted above wouldn't actually work, as that one needs two plugs to plug into.

Ack! You know, now that you mention it... you're right, they were single outlets (would've sworn I had a picture of them somewhere.)

can't seen to modify my previous post. But please ignore it. :)

well, don't ignore the part about over loading a circuit...

Archived