March 07 Eastern Caribbean..

bnsilly

I did the eastern route (St. Thomas, Tortola, Freeport, Half Moon Cay) on Holland America on March 11 this past year. The water temps were GREAT everywhere except Freeport, where it was still a bit chilly. I would say St. Thomas/Tortola was the warmest. The seas were particularly rough for us (lots of seasickness onboard), but the crew thought it highly unusual for that route that time of year. Previous week's sailing was smooth as glass...go figure. As far as pros/cons, well, March tends to be more expensive than the late summer/early fall or right after Thanksgiving & Christmas....due to spring break, of course....which also leads to spring breakers onboard. I will say that on HAL there were practically zero spring breakers, except for the few who were traveling in family groups. On Princess the same week the previous year, it was packed with college students (myself included).

Archived