No reply from Glory Tours

Mim Lloyd

We're keen to book the half day Bajan tour highlights. I emailed Sarah at Glory Tours with some initial questions about suitability for my sister who has mobility problems. Sarah emailed back to me within a couple of days, but since then I've not had any response from her despite sending 2 messages over the last 10 days telling her we want to book the tour. Is this usual? I'm beginning to wonder whether it's worth bothering any more and going elsewhere.

I just started researching excursions for Barbados and I ran across somebody's post about Glory Tours. The half day Bahan looks interesting to me, too. Have you heard back from them? Also, have you read any feedback or reviews from others that have used them? I'll keep reading, but I'd like to know what you've found out. Thanks! I'm going in 2 1/2 weeks so need to make a decision soon!

We toured with Glory last year and were very displeased with the experience. We spent time stopping at the drivers house to drop off groceries, going to the store because his batteries had died and then once on the boat, we spent a ridiculous amount of time stopping to pick up other passengers on our way to the snorkel sights. We ended up arriving at the turtle site and other boats were just leaving - NO TURTLES. The crew on the boat said that the other tours probably fed them.

Hi Chris

No I haven't heard back as yet, but I believe there is a valid reason why Sarah hasn't replied. As I'm not travelling until February, I'm just going to wait now until they're able to contact me.

Thanks for the reply Mim Lloyd, but honestly I don't think that's a valid reason. Your cruise may be in Feb. but I think they should at least be courteous and acknowledge your emails. That's my opinion anyway.:)

And Bogelbtk, thanks for your response. I started looking for reviews on Glory tonight and ran across some unfavorable ones (and some favorable as well). I think I'll look elsewhere. Think I want to do a land tour only...anyway, and then head to a nice beach around Bathsheba area ??? which I heard was the nice side of the island? I'm clueless, as I've never been to Barbados before, but I'll keep on pluggin along reading reviews. If you can recommend a FABULOUS BEACH on the east side I'd appreciate it. I don't want to go where everyone on the cruise ships go. Any ideas? Thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

My experience with Glory was a couple years ago, but they failed to meet us at the pier for the tour. I had a confirming e-mail, but they later said I didn't have a reservation form or something like that....anyway, ruined our day in Barbados. I'd look for another tour FAST....

We toured with Glory Tours in Feb 04. We had a very good experience. Our guide Ricky was super. Before we left I had a ton on questions and Sarah was quick to reply. We will be in Barbados again in Feb 07 and I hope Glory Tours has a tour that will fit into our time frame.

Mim Lloyd

I was wondering if you had received a response from Glory tours.

I sent my reservation request on Saturday and I was wondering on average how long it took to get a confirmation.

Hi

Somebody on this kindly forwarded my details on to Sarah at Glory Tours and she contacted me again yesterday. She's very helpful. Looking back over some old threads, it seems that some messages seem not to get through to Sarah - possibly due to some new security software she has. She did say that she hadn't received some of my messages although she did receive the first one.

Anyway, she answered my queries about my sister and made some helpful suggestions. I last emailed her back yesterday evening and I'm just waiting for a reply.

When I first contacted her she took about 3 or 4 days to reply.

Mim Lloyd

I sent my reservation request on Saturday and I was wondering on average how long it took to get a confirmation.

Hi

Somebody on this board kindly forwarded my details on to Sarah at Glory Tours and she contacted me again yesterday. She's very helpful. Looking back over some old threads, it seems that some messages seem not to get through to Sarah - possibly due to some new security software she has. She did say that she hadn't received some of my messages although she did receive the first one.

Anyway, she answered my queries about my sister and made some helpful suggestions. I last emailed her back yesterday evening and I'm just waiting for a reply.

Mim Lloyd

Hi

Somebody on this board kindly forwarded my details on to Sarah at Glory Tours and she contacted me again yesterday. She's very helpful. Looking back over some old threads, it seems that some messages seem not to get through to Sarah - possibly due to some new security software she has. She did say that she hadn't received some of my messages although she did receive the first one.

• 3 weeks later...

I had some e-mail glitches with several tour groups from several different islands for our September cruise, so I don't think this is just a Glory Tours or Sarah issue. Just keep asking, and I'm confidant Sarah will get back to you.

They are all very bummed, as we were, that Harrison Caves are closed. We did the Best of Barbados tour, had Ricky for a guide, and he was well worth the effort. I highly recommend them. Best wishes!

We've now decided NOT to book with Glory Tours. When I think about it, only after posting my original message on this board was I contacted by Glory Tours and told that my emails weren't being received. But I had previously received a reply from them saying my messages weren't getting to them and that they were looking into my enquiry about mobility suitability and that THEY would contact ME with the answer. So I was waiting for a response from them, not for me to contact them - so how could my emails be going missing?

I sent a further reminder which they replied to and said that they'd be in touch with the info as soon as possible. This was on 20 September and I've heard nothing since.

I made my first contact with Glory Tours on 15 August. They replied on 19 August, and then nothing until 20 September after I had to send reminder emails on 24 August and 18 September. So almost 2 months and still no tour booked! They ARE very friendly and helpful when they DO make contact but it seems that they don't follow through.

We've also booked tours with Joyce Prince (St Maarten) and Cosol (St Lucia) and they have been 100% spot on with their levels of service. I can't fault either.

ChrissyBTX - I now agree with you. This DOES show a lack of courteousy and professionalism, and if I had have booked with them I would probably be worrying right up to the day we arrived about whether they'd turn up. :(

Archived