Air Insurance Coverage ?

UpstateCruizer

This morning I was set to book our air since my husband wants to pay now and have it over with. Something nagged at me to check my insurance to see if they covered the air portion of my trip before booking. I just checked and it shows we have coverage from June 2nd-June 9th which are the actual cruise dates only. I put a call out to our travel guy but I'm guessing with the holiday weekend I may not hear anything back til Tuesday. Do you normally have coverage for your air if you fly in the day before and fly out the day after? Or would I have to purchase seperate air covered policies? My coverage is through CSA if that helps at all. Thanks for any input :)

This morning I was set to book our air since my husband wants to pay now and have it over with. Something nagged at me to check my insurance to see if they covered the air portion of my trip before booking. I just checked and it shows we have coverage from June 2nd-June 9th which are the actual cruise dates only. I put a call out to our travel guy but I'm guessing with the holiday weekend I may not hear anything back til Tuesday. Do you normally have coverage for your air if you fly in the day before and fly out the day after? Or would I have to purchase seperate air covered policies? My coverage is through CSA if that helps at all. Thanks for any input :)

IF you booked through the cruiseline, included the insurance AND are booking your own flights, you will have NO insurance for your air. IF you booked through an agent that is offering "free" insurance, you will have NO insurance. However, for a fee, you can probably add on your air.

Since you have not made final payment, look for coverage elsewhere that will cover the ENTIRE cost of your trip-pre and post hotels, air, cruise, non refundable shore excursions, etc. Insuremytrip.com also has CSA insurance, as well as many other plans. I personally like Travelex Lite. http://www.insuremytrip.com/

IF you booked through the cruiseline, included the insurance AND are booking your own flights, you will have NO insurance for your air. IF you booked through an agent that is offering "free" insurance, you will have NO insurance. However, for a fee, you can probably add on your air.

Since you have not made final payment, look for coverage elsewhere that will cover the ENTIRE cost of your trip-pre and post hotels, air, cruise, non refundable shore excursions, etc. Insuremytrip.com also has CSA insurance, as well as many other plans. I personally like Travelex Lite. http://www.insuremytrip.com/

We booked through an online travel agent but the insurance wasn't free we paid for each passenger based on our ages. CSA just added the flight coverage as well as the pre-cruise hotel and post cruise hotel costs to the policies. Our policy now starts and ends on the day we actually travel instead of just the cruise. The combined total to add this for the two seperate policies was only $50. All of these insurance quotes look like greek to me! Thanks for your help :)

Archived