Past Zuiderdam cruises

cruisin240

For those of you who have recently cruised on the Zuiderdam I am wondering if you have any information or knowledge on the cooking classes? I also am wondering about the Pinnacle room can we pre book this or only on board? Do you have any tips or advice about this ship? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

For those of you who have recently cruised on the Zuiderdam I am wondering if you have any information or knowledge on the cooking classes? I also am wondering about the Pinnacle room can we pre book this or only on board? Do you have any tips or advice about this ship? Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I haven't been on the Zuiderdam for over a year, but maybe I can give you some general information.

There are likely to be cooking demonstrations you can attend for free. They'll be listed in the daily program. Cooking classes for small groups are quite popular, so you may want to sign up soon after you are aboard. The helpful ladies at the front desk will tell you how.

You may take care of Pinnacle reservations on board quite easily. You can do this in person or by using the phone in your stateroom.

Enjoy the Zuiderdam! She is a beautiful ship with a wonderful crew. I'm not sure exactly what tips and advice to send your way so I'll pick a couple of things. First, take time to watch the moonlight on the ocean. Second, take the stairs when you can. That way you can eat more dessert.

:p

We were onboard in mid July...my wife and 2 sons took the cooking class w/Chef Kim. It was $29 pp (sign up @ front desk), and was from 1030am-1130am in the Queens Lounge...it was a tad rushed at the end as folks were filing into the lounge for the 1130 magic show (poor scheduling IMO).

They left the QL for a galley tour, and then to eat what they had prepared. They got paper chefs hats, and an apron to keep.

Overall, they enjoyed it, except for the 'being rushed' at the end part...try and sign up early as the class fills quickly once they mention it in the daily handout (you can always cancel if you change your mind).

Archived