Mariner ?

FL Donna

I should know this question due to being on mariner once. It was our first cruise and I spent most of it being very seasick. So I did not get to see much of the shop. That is one of the reasons we are going again. My question is do they have the thermal chairs (not sure if that is the correct word) in the spa. It is the warmed curvy chairs like they have on the Jewel. I pulled something in my back and it sounds like i could really use the warmth on my back.

You already got your answer so I will just address the other part of the question...the sea sickness can be stopped without taking the drugs for it. We all use ginger capsules 3 times a day...works wonderfully. Enjoy Mariner. It will be our 2nd time on her too this coming Oct.

cameraguy thank-you for the quick reply. Sighhhhh I guess I will have to settle for a deep tissue massage and a few drinks. :rolleyes:

inshape also thank-you for the seasickness information. We sure did learn fast the little tricks of the trade to prevent seasickness. I also eat apples for the pectin. This seems to help also. no one ever talked about the subject. If the did it was to say no motion on these big ships. Ha I learned other wise. The other thing I was not prepared for was how long it took me to get my land legs back. It was about a week after the cruise. I thought I was crazy until others spoke of it also.

cameraguy thank-you for the quick reply. Sighhhhh I guess I will have to settle for a deep tissue massage and a few drinks. :rolleyes:

inshape also thank-you for the seasickness information. We sure did learn fast the little tricks of the trade to prevent seasickness. I also eat apples for the pectin. This seems to help also. no one ever talked about the subject. If the did it was to say no motion on these big ships. Ha I learned other wise. The other thing I was not prepared for was how long it took me to get my land legs back. It was about a week after the cruise. I thought I was crazy until others spoke of it also.

I start taking the seasick meds before I get on the cruise, and keep taking them after the cruise until that feeling goes away. I don't have any problems onboard the ship itself, but I can't readjust to land without the help. After my 2nd cruise it was about 3 to 4 weeks before I could walk without holding onto walls.

There is an actual illness for us that suffer from sea sickness after the cruise. I have learned... after our last cruise i was so sick for almost a week. First the floor moved, then the walls, then they spun. I actually had to lay on the floor to stop it and even doing that i would grab the carpet to hold me from moving.... spinnning badly. Then someone here told me to take the ginger for a few days after the cruise. So this year I will try that. it will be wonderful not to get this sick again.

The other thing I was not prepared for was how long it took me to get my land legs back. It was about a week after the cruise. I thought I was crazy until others spoke of it also.

The Tai Chi instructor on Brilliance warned us ahead of time...particularly people who are prone to seasickness will get something similar when getting back on land. I didn't notice it too much when walking, but whenever I sat down or stood still, there was motion...not enough to make me nauseated, but still the sensation that I was still on the ship. You're not crazy (I think!):eek:

Fran in Toronto

This is a very interesting subject! I have never heard of taking ginger capsules before..looks like I'll be adding that to my shopping list. I've been on two cruises (one of which was Mariner) and I'm getting ready to travel on the Mariner again. Both previous cruises I found that I was OK without taking anything, although I do get very sea sick...but for some reason I just have a *feeling* about this upcoming cruise and I want to be prepared. I don't want to use those patches because I hear a lot of people get sick when they take them off...my cousin wore them on one trip and her eyes were dialated the whole time.

I have never experienced things spinning when I got off a ship (it doesn't sound fun) but I have had sea legs problems which go away after a day. That part I find funny, I'll just stand there and rock back and forth:rolleyes:

Archived