Belize Time Versus Ship Time

snorkler

Hi...i Just Booked A Cave Tubing Excursion For 11/16. We Will Be On The Miracle. The Confirmation States: Meeting Time 8:20am **local Belize Time** Same As Us Central Time Zone** Excursion Departs At 8:30am. The Ship Is Suppose To Arrive In Belize At 8am. My Question Is..what Is The Local Time In Belize When The Ship Arrives At 8am Ship Time??is There Anyone Who Has Been To Belize And Done This ??the Tour Is With An Outside Agent And Not Booked Thru The Ship. This Will Be Our First Time In Belize And We Are Really Looking Forward To It. Its Always Nice To Go To A new Port. Thanks

Hi...i Just Booked A Cave Tubing Excursion For 11/16. We Will Be On The Miracle. The Confirmation States: Meeting Time 8:20am **local Belize Time** Same As Us Central Time Zone** Excursion Departs At 8:30am. The Ship Is Suppose To Arrive In Belize At 8am. My Question Is..what Is The Local Time In Belize When The Ship Arrives At 8am Ship Time??is There Anyone Who Has Been To Belize And Done This ??the Tour Is With An Outside Agent And Not Booked Thru The Ship. This Will Be Our First Time In Belize And We Are Really Looking Forward To It. Its Always Nice To Go To A new Port. Thanks

If the ship says it arrives in Belize, or any other port, at a particular time, it is always the local time at the port. If you need to change your clocks forward or backward at all, they will tell you the day before what you need to do. I can't remember from our cruise last summer what time zone Belize was in. The tender boats there take at least 15-20 minutes from ship to shore, so you might be cutting it a little close with your excursion.

If the ship says it arrives in Belize, or any other port, at a particular time, it is always the local time at the port. If you need to change your clocks forward or backward at all, they will tell you the day before what you need to do.

I'm not sure this is correct. When we were in Belize, everyone went off of and talked about "ship's time" -- they never asked you to change your watch or remember local time. We were in Belize from 8:00am to 5:00pm ship (Eastern) time. Belize local time this would have actually been 7:00am to 4:00pm.

I am fairly sure you will stay on your ship's time. The Miracle leaves from Tampa which is Eastern time, meaning you will be one hour ahead of Belize (central time). In other words, you need to be at your meeting place at 9:20am.

ON the Miracle, there will be a time change, you will not have to worry about ship time, Island time becasue the ship will ajust to Belize time so if your ships time says 8:30 than that will also be Belize time.

You will Love cabe tubing in Belize, we also used a private excursion company and they know what time they need to have you back.

ON the Miracle, there will be a time change, you will not have to worry about ship time, Island time becasue the ship will ajust to Belize time so if your ships time says 8:30 than that will also be Belize time.

You will Love cabe tubing in Belize, we also used a private excursion company and they know what time they need to have you back.

I was on the Miracle on 8/06/06. The ship time was always set to Eastern Time Zone. We never adjusted our watches out of EST. At the time, I believe Belize was two hours behind us(8am ship time, was 6:00am Belize time). I don't think they have daylight savings time either, so that will also change things.

You should not have to worry about it much though. Just go to the ship excursions, or purser's desk, and they will be able to tell you what the difference is.

It was definitely wierd waking up on the ship. The sun was up bright and early in Grand Caymen. Cozumel and Costa Maya, I could watch the sun come up at 7:00. Belize, the sun was just coming up at 8:00.

Archived