Getting Nervous about Docs!!

TiaGr

We booked through Best Price Cruises we leave on 7/25/04. I still dont have my tickets should I be worried?

Let's see...

Today is the ninth..

I would say you should be getting them within the next week..

(at the latest)

never hurts to call, though, if it would make you feel better...(of course!)LOL

Have a GREAT trip!

If you have your booking number, you can call Carnival directly to make sure your documents have been issued. If they have, it's possible they may have been lost in delivery and they will have to re-issue new ones.

Better get on this fast.

hey imsulin!!

No worries!!! I also booked through BPC and I got my docs exactly 2 weeks prior to the cruise.

I'm so excited for you!!! These next two-plus weeks will go by in such a weird time warp...it will seem like it's never getting here and getting here too soon all at the same time.....I am SO jealous!!!!!

tiagr

pay no attention to some of the replies you might get here on the boards. we welcome you and any question you might have. keep coming back to us and we will help if we can.

and have a great time :)

Carnival generally doesn't even issue cruise documents until about 3 weeks before your cruise (unless air is included), and then they are sent to the TA, who in turn, sends them to you. It's not at all unusual to receive them 1-2 weeks before sailing. TiaGr - not sure why you thought your question might not be being answered, but you'll probably have to go through BPC anyway, because if you call Carnival directly, that's what they'll tell you to do. Good luck! (Just to add that CaribbeanCruisesRock is 15 years old, and has been known to post around these boards, often with innacurate information).

I booked with BPC. I just received my doc's yesterday (July 10th). We are cruising on the Elation. You? This is our 6th cruise and I still get nervous until I have the doc's in hand. You'll get them anyday.

Why be worried if you do not receive them? The worst that could happen is you will do a dock pick-up. As long as you have your booking # and all other paperwork it should be no problem. How do i know this? Because a couple in our group (8couples) have not received theirs and we are sailing in 1 week. We inquired and they said if you don't receive them they will just have them do a dock-pick-up. So just relax and don't worry to much about them

macdaddy

i dont blame tia for being worried. please understand that those of us who are new to cruising do not know the things ''to worry about and not worry about''. that is why we ask. doing the dock dance is very important to us :D and it reassures us that all is well and we can walk the gangplank with no problems. thank you for letting us know that everything will be fine though.

Dusty i my self like doing the "doc dance" at home but doing the

"dock dance" might not be that bad either. These boards are great for all types of info even for those that cruised more than a few times. I find new info all the time here that is why we ask the questions we do and get the correct answers we need. Most of the time this info is the gospel of cruising.

macdaddy

you are right about this being the gospel of cruising. i cant imagine what my cruise would have been like without it. and im glad no one is around when i do ''the dance''. it is rather embarrasing. where are you going next and what are your plans?

Thanks for the advise. BPC emailed me and the Doc left their hands on 7-7 so I will be getting them any day! Cann't wait

Just an additional aside, I don't have my doc's yet for 7/25...if I don't get them in the next few days I will call BPC. However, I haven't been very impressed..I never received a confirmation email from them, no thank you for your business etc. I have the form I printed from the email with the booking number. I have received a piece of mail from the travel insurance company and my credit card statement shows the transaction but that is the only way I know things went thru.

Dusty,

We are leaving this Sunday from NYC to the Eastern Caribbean on the Legend for 8 nights. We plan on doing the Baccardi Rum factory tour in San Juan and then party at night at Senor Frogs. I have my 20 and 19 year old college kids and some of their friends with us so we would like to see them in action at Senor Frogs. In St Thomas our group (16 people) is going to use Godfrey tours (he comes highly recommended by eveyone here) and just find a beach to hang for a short stay in Tortola. How bout you any plans?

Archived