Galveston Parking for Rhapsody

We will be on the October 8th Rhapsody cruise and I have a question about parking. I believe the Port of Galveston parking is around $80 and we found an on-line source called EZ Cruise Parking and they charge $50 if you book on-line. Has anyone used either of these?

Can't wait for our FIRST cruise

Elaine

We did. Just got back from rhapsody today. EZCruise is located almost directly across from the cruise terminal where RCCL ships are docked. Great price and the folks were very nice people with whom to work. we would definitely recommend them.

ez cruise is great.. used them and would do it again in a heartbeat. Make the reservation online and go for it. They have signs to direct you and you dont have to drop your luggage off first, their shuttles take you and your luggage right to the terminal and pick you and your luggage up after, where most of the port parking requires you to drop off your luggage, go park, take a shuttle back and then do it all in reverse on the return, yet charge you more!

Just back, used them, great and quick service.

PS..Many of the buys that work there are Galveston Firemen, as are a bunch of the Porters at the pier!

Good chance to help some of those professionals we all demend on for our lives with a little extra gratuity!!!!

I didn't know about this private parking lot. Is it covered? What is the security like?

Thanks

We have used them twice in the past and are booked to use them a third time in October. I found the area to be very secure and have never had a problem. Last eyar they even took care of our luggage so we left the car, took our carry on and the vacation began!

We used EZ cruise this past July. We got to the parking lot around 11:00 and were pleased with the security. However, the lady at the check in told us they could not take our luggage. They told us to have DH drive us to the pier and drop off our family and the luggage. They told him a golf cart would drive him back. When he got back to the parking lot, they would not let him back in! He saw others having their luggage loaded onto the van and being taken to the ship. It was only 5 minutes after we had left. He finally got in and looked for the golf cart. There was not one available. So he walked the three blocks to the ship. Not a good way to start the trip. But in their defense, we were early but not that early. I think what bothered me the most was that they said we had to take our luggage while they took other luggage.

On the return, we waited about 5 minutes for the bus to pick us up and they dropped us and our luggage under a nice tent where we could wait for my husband to bring the car around and they helped us load it.

EZ Cruise parking is only two blocks from the terminal. I by passed the wait for a van by simply dropping off the family and luggage, parked the van at EZ Cruise and walked over to the terminal. I did the same thing (reverse order, of course) upon our return so the convenience of walking to the terminal is a definite plus.

I'd like to add my two cents here. We also used EZparking for our last cruise. The fenced and elevated lot close by the ship. My only complaint is this. We waited for a long time for them to take us to the ship in a small econoline van while several (5 or 6) large buses came and went with passengers for the Carnival Conquest. We will use them again but, my husband will drop me and the luggage off go back and park the car and then shuttle over to the ship. There really was no advantage to having them carry our luggage. Also, we had our vehicle covered while we were on the cruise but, it doesn't do much good when the cover they use is torn.

d

We used EZ when we did our cruise last year. They were $50 vs the others which were $80. I would call EZ and reserve a space. They have a shuttle that will drop you off at the terminal. They also gave us a $5 coupon to use on our next visit. We will be using it on our next cruise at the end of October. T

Archived