Rainforest Guide

asrubin

My husband and I and another couple will be in San Juan in March from 10:00 a.m.to 8:00 p.m. We would like to go to the rainforest and want to hire an independent guide to take us there. Do any of you have the name of a person you can recommend and the contact information?

Thanks,

Ann

• 1 month later...

I thought I'd let you know we are back and are highly recommending Victor, from hands on experience.

First of all, nice newer Van...no need to worry about lack of a/c, transmission problems, etc. Very clean...good driver.

Second, he speaks very good english. Very polite, educating and professional.

The rainforest tour was our favorite. He takes you up..and you can do three different hikes: 20 minute, 1 hours (we took almost two) and then like 2-3 hours.

The hike was totally awesome. The river/creek is to your left most of the way down. It is low pitched so it takes most the time getting down. There are alot of places we climbed out onto the rocks for photos. The greenery is very nce. The waterfall is gorgeous and the hike back out is tougher but not to tough. It is steeper becuase it is a short distance to get out.

On the way down we stopped at a family owned roadside little diner and store. Victor joined the guys there and sang to us!

you may email him at countrysidetourspr@yahoo.com

tell him I said "hi"

book him early cause once word gets out about this guy, he'll be hard to get!

Archived