Importance of filling out the end of cruise comment card?

grandsix

I agree it is important to give feed back. However, we were urged by our dining room staff to grade as 'excellent' - they told us how important it is- then the cruise director emphasised that 'excellent' was the key word- which then gives nothing to aim for and the word becomes meaningless.

We complied. They were excellent!

heywood

We must tell it the way it is. The good and hopefully not the bad. We have helped several QM2 employees with positive comments. On the other hand, a cabin steward was not very good on one of our crossings. We gave her a warning. Our concerns were not addressed. Then went to her superior. There was no improvement. Entered negative comments on our card which were documented and later reluctantly learned she was demoted. The cards ARE read by the Hotel Managemt.

On my last cruise (QE2 July 2006) the comments card looked to have changed slightly from previous versions that I can recall.There didn't seem to be a comments section for each category rather just a general comments section at the end.

I concur that the dining room staff said that "the word of the day is excellent" with reference to the comments cards that had been issued that morning.

I asked the Maitre D' if infact the comments are fed back to the dining room staff and he confirmed that this is most definitely the case. The comments can have a positive effect if the staff member applies for promotion for example. I have now learned here that negative comments can have the opposite effect.

Will continue to mark/comment as appropriate, however dare I say in almost all cases I do find things "excellent".

John

Well, I guess this may be becoming a moot point. Don't know whether it was due to the length or some oversight. But there were no comment cards on this 2 Sep Labor day (4 day) trip.

Usually they try to bribe you to fill therm out by pulling one card in a drawing for (used to be a cruise, now usually a travel bag or something- Wow! Big dfference!) Maybe the cost of the "prize" prohibited the use of the cards at all for such a short cruise. And people might be inclined to think more negatively in so-so weather, such as we had.

White Star Service cards- I found two in the bathroom cabinet which holds the large green towels (Beach/ pool towels) Maria did not find any in her room. You could ask the purser for one. If you happened to know abut them.

Last cruise (January) I had filled a few out and forgot to hand them in. I brought one of them with me. Didn't know where I had put the others.) And explained, and turned it in to the purser, with appropraite notes that it was for the 3 January cruise. Also complimented Tracey in the Commodore Club, while mentioning negative results from Inge of hotel/restaurant management staff and Sarah Hegoas of passneger services (Land based) Also praised our Steward for a return to the former type of smiling, personal, excellent service Cunard USED to be known for, and proclaimed him an asset. Couldn't say that in January. By the way, Our Steward, Manny Cantela was on the QE2 when the rogue wave hit back in 96(?) Whenever- I forget. It was interesting hearing his perspective. He was on the QE2, I believe, for 9 years. Had wonderful things to say about our favorite Commodore. Worked under him on both ships.

Would be interested to hear if this upcoming TA returns to the surveys or if they are another bygone tradition of Cunard, now Princess.

Karie,

Who is sad to be back, but has a month's worth of memories packed into four days.

Would be interested to hear if this upcoming TA returns to the surveys or if they are another bygone tradition of Cunard, now Princess.

We had them on QE2 Med Cruise in August

Usually they try to bribe you to fill therm out by pulling one card in a drawing for (used to be a cruise, now usually a travel bag or something- Wow! Big dfference!)

On QE2 this August it was a bottle of Champagne - & the drawing was the morning of disembarkation - I was hoping I didn't win - my carry off luggage was already to heavy - I am sure people who were to fly were even less concerned:D

Karen

The whole thing is a pointless charade. First we are bribed into filling them in, then subjected to lectures on the importance of giving high marks "as all the staff work constanly to ensure your enjoyment". And then the same from the waiters in the dining room and the room steward.

What happens to them when they are all gathered in is anyones guess, but the only value of them to Cunard is to back up one of those "99% of our passengers rate our service as excellent" claims.

Anyone who missed out on getting one should be thankfull.

David.

Archived