Coach Outlet in San Juan

Baxter

Hi Baxter, when I went to the Coach outlet there a couple of summers ago it was the same as the other Coach outlet stores I've been to. I bought a bag there and as I was chatting to the cashier I found out that she was from Virginia too and she gave me an additional discount! Maybe someone who has been there recently will be able to say if it has changed since then. Hope this helps! :)

We were shopping there a few years ago, and I saw a bag I wanted, but couldn't make up my mind. I called them, they said they would not ship it. Found it days later at Prime Outlets Williamsburg (we live in Virginia too!) for less than in San Juan. I think they were having some extra percentage off at the Coach outlet in Wmsbg that day, or something of that sort. I bought it and was happy. I do not recall that shop as being special, unless you have no Coach outlets nearby.

There's a Coach store in St. Maarten. Not an outlet. Bought a beee-u-ti-ful tan leather bag there this past February. Why, when I live in Delaware with a Coach outlet store here? Home of tax-free shopping. Dunno. Because now I can say I bought the bag in St. Maarten as a souvenier? Who cares?

I don't know what the difference is, anymore, between outlets & regular stores. At least here in DE anyways. The merchandise all seems to be first runs at regular prices.

I think my next Coach purchase will be on eBay.

It has been a couple of years since I was there, but I was not particularily impressed with the Coach outlet in San Juan. I have been to several in the US (especially the one in Orlando) which were much nicer-better merchandise and equal or better prices.

Sunshine91-what part of slower, lower Delaware are your from? I grew up in Delmar.

Thanks for the information - I don't live anywhere near a Coach store, never mind an outlet store, but we travel enough that we tend to come across one in our travels. I'll scratch the one in San Juan off the list if we make it there...just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

Hi folks

I have seen a few references to the Coach Outlet store in San Juan. Is this a typical outlet store like the ones I find in the United States, or is this one somehow special or different?

It was on one of those streets where all the shopping close to the pier is.

I have never been in a US mainland coach outlet so I can't tell you if it is like that or not.

I do know this-the prices were very good- a small Coach clutch style purse ran $50-75 and the larger ones around $150. Now this was back in 2000-so allow for inflation. I think the most expensive one I saw was $300 and it was like the size of a beach bag.

There's a Coach store in St. Maarten. Not an outlet. Bought a beee-u-ti-ful tan leather bag there this past February. Why, when I live in Delaware with a Coach outlet store here? Home of tax-free shopping. Dunno. Because now I can say I bought the bag in St. Maarten as a souvenier? Who cares?

I don't know what the difference is, anymore, between outlets & regular stores. At least here in DE anyways. The merchandise all seems to be first runs at regular prices.

I think my next Coach purchase will be on eBay.

I saw a Coach store in St. Marten too-but they were very cheap looking and the prices-($30-50) I felt were too cheap. The ones I saw were NOT leather. Now you may have found a differant store-I don't know-but these were obviously not "real" Coach bags. The ones in San Juan were much nicer and good quality.

The Coach outlet has previous season and current merchandise, but perhaps a more limited selection. Prices range from $30's and up for small leather goods to the hundreds for the larger bags.

If you're really interested in Coach, there is also a regular Coach store in Plaza Las Americas, the big mall. They do have all the latest styles. And it is a real, authentic store, not knockoffs :) . Macy's at the same mall has a smaller selection too.

HTH!

I saw a Coach store in St. Marten too-but they were very cheap looking and the prices-($30-50) I felt were too cheap. The ones I saw were NOT leather. Now you may have found a differant store-I don't know-but these were obviously not "real" Coach bags. The ones in San Juan were much nicer and good quality.

I got a real one. There was NO knock off stuff in this store. Even the clearance bags & wallets were only about $20-$30 less than the current, full-price ones. My leather bag came in its soft felt drawstring bag, wrapped in Coach tissue, then in a Coach shopping bag. I'm saving the tissue & shopping bag as a gift bag come Christmas for someone I deem bag-worthy! (It's a family joke ;) )

I politely asked the salesgirl if she could do any better on the price. She just as politely told me no she couldn't. No sales or discounts that day. :)

Straughn - Millsboro. We moved here about 2 1/2 years ago from Laurel, MD.

I got a real one. There was NO knock off stuff in this store. Even the clearance bags & wallets were only about $20-$30 less than the current, full-price ones. My leather bag came in its soft felt drawstring bag, wrapped in Coach tissue, then in a Coach shopping bag. I'm saving the tissue & shopping bag as a gift bag come Christmas for someone I deem bag-worthy! (It's a family joke ;) )

I politely asked the salesgirl if she could do any better on the price. She just as politely told me no she couldn't. No sales or discounts that day. :)

Straughn - Millsboro. We moved here about 2 1/2 years ago from Laurel, MD.

Well this store I wandered into had a bunch of supposably "designer" bags-none over $50 and none in real leather either. I wondered how many people were stupid enough to think they had the "real deal" and a bargain-in the US the Better Business Bureau would be after them I would think. I guess there isnothing like that in St. Marten-or maybe they figure touirists are "fair game".

I am glad to know you're smarter then that! Hopefully most tourists are!

Well this store I wandered into had a bunch of supposably "designer" bags-none over $50 and none in real leather either. I wondered how many people were stupid enough to think they had the "real deal" and a bargain-in the US the Better Business Bureau would be after them I would think. I guess there isnothing like that in St. Marten-or maybe they figure touirists are "fair game".

I am glad to know you're smarter then that! Hopefully most tourists are!

Must be like buying Chanel sunglasses from a street vendor in NYC for $10 & thinking they are the real-deal. If you are that clueless, you deserve it.

When a new, small leather Coach bag retails for almost $200, only available at an authorized Coach store/outlet, why would anyone think they can get one for $50? Something's not right. You get what you pay for.

But, if you buy with the understanding they are knock-offs, that's a whole other can o' worms, isn't it? :rolleyes:

That's why I'll try e-Bay for my next one. It most likely will be an overstock or last season's, but I won't care or notice. No one else will too. But it WILL be the real thing. :)

Coach and Tiffany are together in lots of Caribbean locations. I asked a salesperson last time I was in St Thomas. They told me that Tiffany owns Coach. Seemed like a reasonable partnership.

There are lots of Longchamp stores in the Caribbean. The prices are good, but the best shop was in Marigot, St Maarten (the French side). Because the bags are made in France, the prices were much less than anywhere else we had been. I bought a handbag and a rolling laptop case. They deal in Euro only.

Judy

Coach and Tiffany are together in lots of Caribbean locations. I asked a salesperson last time I was in St Thomas. They told me that Tiffany owns Coach. Seemed like a reasonable partnership.

There are lots of Longchamp stores in the Caribbean. The prices are good, but the best shop was in Marigot, St Maarten (the French side). Because the bags are made in France, the prices were much less than anywhere else we had been. I bought a handbag and a rolling laptop case. They deal in Euro only.

Judy

Euro in Marigot? How interesting. Don't remember the port talk discussing this, but then, how much attention was I paying?

I paid for my bag in good old American cash.

I wonder what the beach bars & other stores take in St. Martin. Our Jan cruise stops there again. Don't have any plans yet. Hmmm......

Euro in Marigot? How interesting. Don't remember the port talk discussing this, but then, how much attention was I paying?

I paid for my bag in good old American cash.

I wonder what the beach bars & other stores take in St. Martin. Our Jan cruise stops there again. Don't have any plans yet. Hmmm......

Everything in Marigot was priced in Euro, including restaurants. I don't know about paying in USD, because we put everything on a credit card.

If you are intrigued with all things Euro and you are going to St Maarten, you may want to consider an excursion to St Barths. It is a wonderful place, but very, very expensive! Lots of French shops, including LV and Dior.

the Dutch side of St Maarten is priced in USD.

Speaking of Delmar and Lower Slower Delaware, my mom had a weekend place in Sharptown, MD. It was on the Laurel, DE border.

--Judy

The official currency of the Dutch side of the island is The Netherlands Antilles Florin (NAF) or guilder, on the French side it is the Euro. However U.S.$ is commonly accepted on both sides of the island. Over the years, we have been there at least 5 times, the last time was last December, never had a problem using U.S. Dollers. Change back has come in the form of the either the local currency or U.S.$.

Must be like buying Chanel sunglasses from a street vendor in NYC for $10 & thinking they are the real-deal. If you are that clueless, you deserve it.

When a new, small leather Coach bag retails for almost $200, only available at an authorized Coach store/outlet, why would anyone think they can get one for $50? Something's not right. You get what you pay for.

But, if you buy with the understanding they are knock-offs, that's a whole other can o' worms, isn't it? :rolleyes:

That's why I'll try e-Bay for my next one. It most likely will be an overstock or last season's, but I won't care or notice. No one else will too. But it WILL be the real thing. :)

The problem was I said something to the salesclerk about them being "knock offs" and she insisted they were real-you could tell though they were cheap cr%^p-heck you can find better quality purses at Walmart. That is what bothered me-they did not say they were "knocks offs".

The official currency of the Dutch side of the island is The Netherlands Antilles Florin (NAF) or guilder, on the French side it is the Euro.

Hey Marty - I thought that Florin & Guilder were sworn enemies. Now you're saying it's the same thing? How can that be? ;)

Archived