Lawrence of Antigua

B&C-Cruisers

We got back from our cruise on Adventure of the Seas on August 28th.

We had a great time on the cruise and just wanted to let other people know about Laurence of Antigua if you didn’t already know about him.

He is the nicest person you would ever meet, very honest, and gives you the grand tour of his island, as only he knows it.

On our tour, other people were also booked but never showed up, I felt bad for Laurence but he took the two of us by ourselves and we had a great time seeing the Island. We highly recommend him for his tour.

Byron & Carol Hall

Thanks for this recent bit of information! I have a reservation with him in October for my family of 9, so Im happy to hear you enjoyed his tour. Can you tell me how far you had to walk to meet up with him? My Gram cant walk a long way and Im a little concerned about this due to Lawrence's directions in his recent confimation email. Is it a long way from the ship to the "gate"? And then how far from the gate to where Lawrence is waiting?

I hope it works out for us... Im really looking forward to it. TIA.

Ren

It is about two hundred yards walking along a concrete pier to get to the gate he is talking about, but to go anywhere in town you have to go that far.

I have a suggestion that might work in your case, talk to the cruise line and ask if they have "loaner" wheel chairs, I have seen them on several ships, that way you can wheel her to the point of pickup and then fold it up and take it with you for the tours.

Hope this helps.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived