Brochure price vs. discount price

hamptod

I have a question for all of you. I just recently returned from the Carnival Legend 6/24 sailing and now I'm hooked. Cruised out of NY. I want to book another cruise for the last month of August. How do you folks do it, cruise so often? I have been scouring the boards trying to find the best place/method for booking another cruise and I must tell you. The pricing is just outrageous. How do you do it? If you book through Carnival directly, do you pay the brochure price or do they give you discounts?

I see so many posting that proclaim that folks got balcony cabins for under 1000$ per person. I haven't found anything like that. Any recommendations and advice would be great. The first cruise was an 8c balcony on the Panorama deck, room 8702. I got sick the first day and half so midship, up high is good for me. Down lower was bad for me.

I must tell you that I had a great inside hookup for this first cruise but may not have it again this time around. So I need all the tips, tricks, suggestions and recommendations for this next cruise.

Deb

Brochure prices are not even unreasonable guesstimates. Only someone who knows nothing about cruising Carnival pays brochure. There are dozens of online TA's mentioned on these boards. No one TA is always the lowest. I use *****.com a lot

Dan

Timing is everything. Anytime school is out you will pay higher prices. If you can wait until September you will find a better deal; it's hurricane season. Between Thanksgiving and the week before Christmas you will find some of the best deals.

We also book a guarantee balcony and have never paid more than $1600 for two people; this includes all port fees and taxes. Like Dan said there is no reason to pay the brochure price.

We use an online broker and have been VERY happy. We do the research and then book it. If you need personal service then you might want to use an agent or book directly with Carnival. I have heard that people have been able to get as good of a deal directly with Carnival but I have not found that to be the case for any of the cruises we have booked. The online broker we use has truly had the "Best Price Cruises".

Archived