James Bond Beach- taxi question

Anatresia

My husband and I are thinking of taking an excursion from our ship, or maybe just taking a taxi to James Bond Beach when our ship docks in Ochos Rios. (DH really likes James Bond and wants to see the beach where Ian Fleming spent so much time.)

This might be a stupid question, but we're new at cruising, so I apologize if it is: If we take a taxi to the beach, how would we get another taxi to go back? I have these irrational fears of being stuck in Jamaica, LOL. :D Would we just go to a restuarant or a hotel or something?

Also, would it make sense to go there for a bit, then take a taxi to Dunns River Falls and then back to town?

I had this great excursion picked out, but I'm afraid it will be booked, so we're looking for alternatives!

Thanks! (again, sorry if my questions are stupid.):rolleyes:

Anatresia - Evidently there is some construction going on at James Bond Beach which is effecting their hours, call or email them before you go. I was thinking of going as well on our custom tour with A-Z and they called for me since they had heard the hours were sporadic.

Archived