Yellowbird Tour - RCCL Nassau

cee.lynn

Hi Everyone -

Has anyone done the 'Yellowbird Tour' offered by RCCL in Nassau? Its seems like a great deal and a lot of fun... any first-hand knowledge? Is this a good way to spend 3 hours in Nassau or is it wasteful to spend time on a boat when there are so many things to do on land??

Any opinions/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We did this excursion last October. We enjoyed it. It was a very laid back boat trip past beautiful homes. We enjoyed the free rum punch. When we got to the beach it was clean but very small. The water was crystal clear. We had my grandson along who was only three at the time so the beach was perfect for us. On the trip back to the ship the band on board had a limbo contest that was pretty entertaining. A few of the folks on board enjoyed the free rum punch too much, if you know what I mean! It was a pleasant way to spend a few hours in the afternoon.

My DBF and I did this on our cruise last week. We had a GREAT time. Click on the link on my signature to see the pics. Once you board the boat you get a tour while headed to the beach and the band on the boat plays island music. Once you get to the beach you can relax in a lounger in the shade or swim in the water. There is also a concession stand for bottled water, sodas, and cocktails as well as hamburgers, cheeseburgers, hot dogs, and chips. At an extra cost you can get a massage also. On the way back (on a stereo) they play music. We did the Electric Slide, the Cha-Cha Slide, a Conga Line was started, and there was a Limbo contest. I reccommend the Yellowbird tour to anyone who visits Nassau looking for a good time. We had a blast.

BTW the rum punch is great (they are NOT skimpy on the rum in it). If you don't want rum punch other drinks are available for a charge.

Hope I was able to help :D .

but through Carnival (I know it's the same boat). I honestly probably wouldn't do it again. If I had it all to do over again, I'd probably head over to Atlantis and poke around there. To me, it was really a waste of time to spend 2/3 of the 3 hour tour on the boat getting to and from the beach. We were on top, I don't know if that matters, but we didn't go past any big homes nor were given any kind of a tour...just the "one man band" that was pretty hard on the ears, LOL. The rum punch also left much to be desired, and the 4 of us in our party could only choke down 1 small glass a piece.

JMHO.

The Yellowbird currently goes to Blackbeards cay.. and no longer to Pearl Island. So.. the historical tour and view of the huge Paradise Island homes is not longer included in the tour. Since Blackbeards Cay is west of downtown, the tour will take you to the bridges in the harbour.. past the homes of Nicolas Cage, and Lloyd (lloyds of london) Club med and inner harbour, then turn and head to the Cable Beach area, past the lighthouse, thru the inner harbour (working harbour) past Chris Blackwells and the Cable Beach resorts to Blackbeards cay.

There is a band on board (4 pc.) and the lead acts as a DJ on the trip back, limbo dance contest and plenty of fun. For those who want to quieter ride, you can retreat to the fantail for sunning or the top deck for a great view.

Rum punch Drinks are plentiful onboard, or you can buy beer or drinks from the bar. Free drinks are not available while at the beach, but there is a beach bar and grill with food and beverages available for purchase.

This is a nice day at the beach.. it is, however, a short beach day.. since the tour is used by several ships, and they have varied schedules. Actual Beachtime is about 1:50 mins.

• 2 weeks later...

We did the Yellow bird a few years ago and will be there in Oct to take it again. It was a blast. On the island, we found some coconuts, shucked them and the bar tender drilled a hole in the top and filled it with Bacardi 151. Then on the way back on the boat, they cut out all the meat (white part) and it was the best I ever had. Good band and good drinks. Lots of fun.....Dan

• 3 weeks later...

Archived