4 in inside cabin on Crown

TomBxyz

We are thinking of booking the Crown next year and there owuld be 4 of us (2 adults, 2 kids) in an inside stateroom. I find rooms on Princess's website that say they can sleep 4, but I can't find any description of the 3rd and 4th beds. Are they pull downs? Or do they slide out from under the other beds? Can anyone share any info or pics? Thanks!

we had two quads for our cruise on the Star. I am sure the rooms are similar. The beds are pull downs and they are put away during the day. That helps with the space issues. It will be a tight fit for you all, be organized and it will be fine.

Do try and bring some suitcases that will fit under the beds and use them as extra "drawers". Take all the tips offered on this board to maximize your space.

Main hints;

1) pack light. you can do laundry if you need to

2) Use shoe bags, etc in the closet to get more "shelf space"

3) same in the bathroom

4) bring an extenstion cord

5) Bring an illuminated traval alarm so that you can see the time. It is always dark so you will have no sense of day or night.

To make laundry a breeze, bring a roll of quarters from home as well as premeasured laundry soap. Don't try and do wash on a sea day. Most of the time it is very quick. Also your nearest laundry room may be one deck up or down, rather than down the hall. Check the deck plans.

Ask for any extra pillows when you get to your cabin. I get one bathrobe as well, because sometimes it is easier to go and shower at the spa (in the locker rooms). These are a nice size and gives you some privacy and quiet time.

Have fun !!

We had a quad room 8/25, but it was a balcony. I believe rooms are same size. During the day it was fine. At night they drop two beds from ceiling. Bed against wall is fine. Other one truly is a pain. Need to duck around it, and television cannot be seen from either top bunk, and only outside of bottom bed. We only had my granddaughter 3 nights so most nights we were three instead of four. I totally agree about suitcases that fit under the bed. There isn't much storage room or drawers. Washing clothes is a breeze. $1 to wash, $1 to dry $1 for clothes soap. My husband wants a minsuite next time. Even though you're not in the room much, it is tight.

Thanks for the info everyone. That sucks about the 4th bed being in the way of the TV. We were on the NCL Spirit recently and we liked to watch a little TV when laying down for bed. It was tight with 4 of us in the room but it was managable. What we didn't like was 1 of the beds slides out from one of the lowers and it was really in the way. I was hoping 2 drop downs would be better.

Can anyone else confirm that it's the same on the inside cabins as in the balcony rooms (am sure it probably is). Does anyone know where any pics might be posted that shows a cabin with the beds down?

Thanks again!

Sailed crown in June inside cabins are same as balcony. Two beds come down from ceiling. It was VERY tight with 19 and 17 y/o in same room. Especially tight when trying to get ready for formal night. We had not traveled in same room since they were much younger. But were survived. Second room or no vacation hmmm easy decision. :p

Just giving this a bump in case anyone might no where to find a pic of a cabin the pull down beds. Have search Webshots, google, etc and haven't been able to find any. Would really like to see the setup before we book. Thanks.

Thanks CJ! I couldn't quite picture how it came out of the ceiling but I can see now. Am sure it will be tight but we'll manage. We were recently on the NCL Spirit and one bed flipped down from the wall but the other slid out from one of the lowers which really made it tough getting into/out of the lowers without stepping on the pull out (and the kid in it!).

Yes they are...the inside cabins are smaller than the outside cabins and Princess cabins run quite small...are you sure you don't want to spend a few (very few) extra dollars and upgrade to an outside...I would, it is a vacation.

I've done 4 cruises in quads and one cruise as a quint.

The main thing is organization and on the 5 girls in a room cruise I brought a shoe organizer thingy (a suggestion from this board), that folds accordion style and hangs from the closet rod. It was great. I will never go on a cruise without one or two again.

It's really cramped but it's so much fun...and definately a very bonding experience.

Archived