QE2 28th & 30th Oct 2006

cunardqueen

Hi all,

As the time is nearing quite fast for the above cruises which lm doing back to back. just wondered if there were any other people booked on this great ship for either of the above cruises.

The Med cruise will be special for me as l will notch up my 100th night onboard.

As always ever hopefull of seeing the upgrade fairy, Might see her if Dorothy has a party onboard;) That is usually the closest l get:rolleyes:

cheers

Myles

• 2 weeks later...
Just over a month to go, Am l really the only cruise critic member on board for either of these two cruises?:eek:

I promise l dont bite !!!!:D

Myles, I wish I were booked to celebrate with you! I have some questions that I need answered for the cruise I am booked on. Can I impose on you for some assistance getting them answered while you are aboard? Cunard have been so clueless when I have called. If so, I will email you.

Thanks,

Bobby

• 2 weeks later...

:D With just over 4 weeks to go, got the call from my TA today to say that the tickets had been dispatched for the Med cruise, the shorter cruise tickets are no where near in sight yet!!

Did gently enquire, and braced myself for the response about if l had been upgraded, My TA had made a note on the booking,Sue from the world club had a note on the booking, AND Mrs Marlow, had made a note , in response to my letter, And her reply was just so full of spin, lm still quite dizzy when l read it... And the response to the upgrade question....

"Has the upgrade fairy crept upbehind me, hunted me out, gripped me by the shoulders...... and with the wand :eek: given me a gentle nudge on the upgrade ladder.....:rolleyes:

Cruiseluvva, glad to have you aboard! anybody else on either of these cruises? surely we are not the only CC members??

"Has the upgrade fairy crept upbehind me, hunted me out, gripped me by the shoulders...... and with the wand given me a gentle nudge on the upgrade ladder.....

Well-l-l-l?????

Enquiring minds want to know!

NO !!!!! they havent, so unless it happens at checkin...

Does it put me off Cunard No, will l still continue to travel with them Yes of course!!!

Myles

We were also anticipating a possible upgrade for these two cruises. It hasn't happened according to the Cunard UK website and our tickets are made out for our chosen cabin, so we have no complaints, but it would have been nice! The Cruiseconnect (coachconnect) will not be running coaches from Northern UK. for the 28th cruise due to lack of demand. Also the Cunard rep in the U.S. stated that the cruises were not full.

Having followed the pricing etc., over the last couple of months, it would seem that there was a promotional campaign for the UK about a month ago (with Harvey Nichols Christmas hampers as the incentive). It doesn't seem to have filled up. Which is good for us. Although our first cruise on QE2 July 04 was a full ship and it was great, so she can obviously handle her passengers well. In fact the only time it felt a little crowded was at the Captain's Reception in the Queen's Room.

Catandave

Myles

We were also anticipating a possible upgrade for these two cruises. It hasn't happened according to the Cunard UK website and our tickets are made out for our chosen cabin, so we have no complaints, but it would have been nice! The Cruiseconnect (coachconnect) will not be running coaches from Northern UK. for the 28th cruise due to lack of demand. Also the Cunard rep in the U.S. stated that the cruises were not full.

Hi Catandave,

Spoke with a friend who is booked on the Med trip as well, In a MI on 4 deck, he booked it last month and is paying the same fare as l paid when l booked last June, which l was surprised at, and strangely enough he was told on booking that he was in line for an upgrade!!!! his tickets havent arrived yet.

An interesting point is that if they call you and offer you an upgrade you can decline the offer, where as if they do it at checkin you have no choice.

Surprised to with the check intimes and starting so early at noon and they seem to start with the lower decks first.

Just how far North are you travelling from? Do feel free to email me privately, besides your invited to my 100th night bash.

Any other CC members on this trip

cheers Myles

• 2 weeks later...
2 weeks tonight folks !!! it does seem very quite with Cruise critic members, surely we are not the only ones Catandave and cruiseluvva??

cheers

Myles

Well if it is just us, then surely that elusive upgrade must materialise?! Do you think M1 to QG is possible???!!!!!:D

Cruiseluvva,

Well its not impossible!!! l met a couple who had that upgrade from Mauretania to Queens Grill, and recently met a couple of 1st time QE2 cruisers upgraded from Caronia to Queens grill.. And knowing how cunard work anything is possible!!

The mini trip is pretty much full but still space on the Med in the higher up grades, we can only cross our fingers:rolleyes:

cheers

Cruiseluvva,

Well its not impossible!!! l met a couple who had that upgrade from Mauretania to Queens Grill, and recently met a couple of 1st time QE2 cruisers upgraded from Caronia to Queens grill.. And knowing how cunard work anything is possible!!

The mini trip is pretty much full but still space on the Med in the higher up grades, we can only cross our fingers:rolleyes:

cheers

Myles, my partner and I sail on the Caribbean cruise following yours. May we wish you a very happy voyage and congrats on your 100 nights. Your excitement must infect others. My life is now in danger when I go to work; colleagues there are not quite so excited about our 28 days in the Caribbean in the middle of a UK winter.........wonder whyicon7.gif

Enjoy and here's an early toast.......bon voyageicon7.gificon7.gif

Myles, my partner and I sail on the Caribbean cruise following yours. May we wish you a very happy voyage and congrats on your 100 nights. Your excitement must infect others.

Hi Anteeta,

Thanks for your good wishes, the bottles of champagne are already in a case and l fear l will disembark rather overweight and with champagne poisoning:eek:

I guess the upgrade fairy has passed me by, but l do suspect l have a rather nice table in steerage, going by recent comments about the Grills it will be a joy to be served by waiting staff who are human, enjoy a sense of fun and at least talk to their passengers, Fortunately in all my trips l have been blessed with superb waiting staff/stewards/ess and never had cause to complain, Maybe it depends how you treat them ? Working in the hotel industry,lm still amazed at peoples attitude in this day and age.At times we are treated as if we were slaves.

You will be excited about your 28 days onboard! Hope you are blessed with nice weather, calmish seas and many happy landings !!!!

Only 7 sleeps to go for me, not that lm excited you understand:rolleyes:

cheers

Myles

To say excited feels like an understatement...We can be sitting here in an evening and we will both catch each other's eye and start smiling, then grinning, then hugging ourselves. We fly from Calgary to Heathrow on Thursday.

We (she) are still visiting the evening wear shops?!. The new seasons styles are just coming in for the holidays and this is causing some angst due to the fact that our packing prep area is already full of the requisite number, and combinations, of formal and semi formal outfits and how can she explain the need for "just one more" "it's perfect!". The sales assistant in the shop said it is so much easier for men! What does she know of the multitude of combinations between bow-ties and cufflinks that can create dresser's worry.

To cruiseluvva and cunardqueen: see you on-board...Wonder if they will be showing the recently released film "the Queen"? It has been released here in Calgary last week but we are having trouble finding a good time to see it.

We fly from Calgary to Heathrow on Thursday.

We (she) are still visiting the evening wear shops?!. The new seasons styles are just coming in for the holidays and this is causing some angst due to the fact that our packing prep area is already full of the requisite number, and combinations, of formal and semi formal outfits and how can she explain the need for "just one more" "it's perfect!".

Catandave, Now you see why l couldnt do a fly cruise, having only ever taken cruising holidays, l just pack what l want and dont worry, Once in the late 80s l made the mistake of taking a flight from London to aberdeen after a cruise and was hit with excess baggage charges of over £80 and that was 20 odd years ago...

Now thanks to GNER ,the guards van and a line of porters l pack for every occasion including a state funeral:rolleyes:

To cruiseluvva and cunardqueen: see you on-board...Wonder if they will be showing the recently released film "the Queen"?

Yes indeed look forward to meeting our canadian cousins, as for the film The Queen, not sure if you will see the film, BUT you will see plenty of others....:rolleyes:

How on earth will we recognise each other onboard? lm planning my 100th night party the night after Alexandria while we are at sea, You are of course invited!! maybe drop me an email with your cabin/suite no

The suitcases are packed and lm ready for off tomorrow, a few days in London before embarking on QE2 on Saturday... Even after all these voyages its still as exciting as the first...:D

Probably the last posting before boarding.. Heres to the night of the 11th and my milestone.. an open invite to all members travelling, its 3006 and the champagne is on me:eek: .... time yet to be arranged

Cheers

Myles Devin aka Cunardqueen:rolleyes:

Happy 100!

(I do hope you have informed the Captain and Cunard so he can announce it on the noon-say position report! <G>

Karie,

Who is nowhere near 100 days,

Thanks for that Kari! rather think Captain Nick has something planned, as for Cunard themselves, lm afraid we are nothing more than £s on the balance sheet, Had Anne Bright still been there, it would have been an entirely different matter.

But anyway if people do happen to see a guy floating round on cloud nine with a ever so subtle QE2 black fleece, THAT is Cunardqueen:eek: happily back at home onboard the worlds best loved and most famous ocean liner.. EVER:D

Thanks for that Kari! rather think Captain Nick has something planned, as for Cunard themselves, lm afraid we are nothing more than £s on the balance sheet, Had Anne Bright still been there, it would have been an entirely different matter.

But anyway if people do happen to see a guy floating round on cloud nine with a ever so subtle QE2 black fleece, THAT is Cunardqueen:eek: happily back at home onboard the worlds best loved and most famous ocean liner.. EVER:D

Have a nice time Myles, hope to see you soon, maybe when i visit Scotland next year on the QE2 !

regards,

Gavin:D

Archived