Book Kukoo Kunuku thru CCL or on own?

Doolittle912

My husband and I are sailing Carnival's Destiny at the end of this month. We've heard great things about Kukoo Kunuku and are thinking of trying it out. If we book it thru CCL it's $79, but thru Kukoo directly it's $54. My first instinct is to book it thru the company directly. However, I noticed it's from 6pm-12am and the ship leaves at 10pm. The one offered thru CCL is from 4:15-8:15pm. Which one should we book? If we book thru Kukoo Kunuku directly, are we responsible for getting ourselves back to the ship?

Guest YesitDonna

Of course you are responsible for getting yourself back if you don't book through Carnival. You can't possibly do the one booking alone with those hours, they aren't going to turn around to bring you back when other people are on there and paid for a full night.

My husband and I are sailing Carnival's Destiny at the end of this month. We've heard great things about Kukoo Kunuku and are thinking of trying it out. If we book it thru CCL it's $79, but thru Kukoo directly it's $54. My first instinct is to book it thru the company directly. However, I noticed it's from 6pm-12am and the ship leaves at 10pm. The one offered thru CCL is from 4:15-8:15pm. Which one should we book? If we book thru Kukoo Kunuku directly, are we responsible for getting ourselves back to the ship?

First, what is Kukoo Kunuku?? :confused:

Now, using the information you gave above I looked at it this way. Your ship leaves at 10:00 so you would need to be onboard at least 30 minutes before that time by their recommendations. If you allow an hour for travel (for example)if booking on your own you would need to leave at 8:30. That would only be 2.5 hours for the $54 + any additional expense to get you back to the ship. If you book through CCL you would get 4 full hours including your transportation and not worry about how you are going to get back.

That is the way I would compare your two options.

You will get better information by going to the Ports of Call board for whatever port this is. You will get the wisdom of people from all the cruiselines, rather than just Carnival people (I guess that makes us Carnies!).

I agree with this.

HOWEVER I will share what I know about this tour....I would DEFINETLY book through Carnival if I were in your shoes. Keep in mind that the Kukoo Kunuku tour is a moving tour....the bus will be taking you from location to location so there is not really a way to know where you will be and when and how to get back to the ship on your own in advance.

The only time you are close to the port on the Kukoo Kunuku is when you are at Carlos and Charlies which is the last stop. Many of the other bars are not on the main paths. Transportation back to the port would not be easy to find. You definitely need to do this through Carnival, as if you did it on your own, not only would you be missing half the experience but you probably would have a hard time finding your way back to the ship.

Archived