Just back from Coco Cay

cruisinmisstee

Just wanted to post a quick review. I traveled with my hubby, mother-in-law, aunt-in-law and my children (ages: 9 months and 2 1/2).

We were there this past Sunday and had such a good time. Sat afternoon it rained heavily in Nassau, so I thought they might skip Coco Cay, but when I got up Sun morning and went up to the pool deck it was beautiful and sunny.

We took the tender over to the island and it was quick and easy. We walked until we found a nice spot and dropped our stuff on the chairs and hit the water. I sat at the edge with the baby while my hubby took our son out a little further. The water was beautiful (though it had some seaweed at the edge). We found a nice clear spot. So clear that we saw 4 pretty fishes swim by our toes. DH kept trying to get a picture of them, we'll see if they came out when I develop them (we used a water camera).

After a while some more chairs became available under the palm trees so I moved our stuff there. I then laid out on the chair and fell asleep under a palm tree (now that is relaxation:rolleyes: ).

The BBQ lunch on the island was good. We had BBQ chicken, ribs, hamburgers, macaroni and cheese and potato salad (there was also a salad bar and deserts available). They also had water, fruit punch and iced tea (no cost). I was a bit worried about the guys walking around yelling coco loco, but they were not that loud and didn't have to yell because everyone was buying them (including us:D ). They tasted great and we bought with and without alcohol.

I bought a few items at the shops (beach bag $14 and 2 T-Shirts for they boys $5, magnets were $3-5).

I can't wait for our next cruise to stop at coco cay!!!!!!!!!!! Feel free to ask any questions.

How were the Jellyfish? We keep hearing that now is the bad time of year for em.

I read about this too and was worried. I kept looking at the edge of the water as my boys played in the water and did not see any.

No charge for the food but soft drinks and mixed drinks must be charged to your seapass account.

Ditto on not being charged for the food. Free iced tea, fruit punch and water was served.

Are the souvy cups the tall ones with the lid/straw I have seen in pictures?

Yes, we bought several coco locos and they were served in the tall cups that said Coco Cay on them. They come in different colors. The cost was $4.75 without alcohol and $1 more with alcohol.

Archived