Pentecost Worth It?

Aussie84

Just wondering really.... what is pentecost like? Worth it? I got a few friends going there on star next year and it has always appealed to me.

:D

Pentecost is quite nice but not much to do apart from watching the landdiving. These guys are maniacs I can tell you. I have Bungy Jumped but I would never do what they do. The water is nice but hard to get into as the (beach?) and in the water is full of large pebbles and very hard on the feet. I fully recommend the reef shoes here. We left ours on the ship and boy did I regret it.

Karen

I loved Pentecoste. Apart from the rocky beach (we had our sandle, so rocks weren't too much of a problem), the beach was lovely for swimming. There's a large reef close in shore with lots of fish swimming in around it. I regreted not having any snorkel gear that day. Most people went to the land diving, had a swim and then went back to the ship for lunch and stayed there. We went back for lunch and then went back and had a walk around the village and along the beach... There was only a handful of ship's passengers and crew on the island at the time, and it was magical just to walk along the beach - we didn't even mind getting caught in a tropical rain storm.

The land diving is something to be seen. Takes a lot of guts for them to do what they do - and the scaffolding that the jump from is impressive too - especially when you realise that they build it from scratch every year as a part of the ritual.

Kym

wow... that sounds great... I need to change our cruise next year. We are booked on the 14 Night Cruise on Pacific Dawn in November but carnt go. NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS. So I was thinking about doing another cruise on Pacific Sun in May next year. Its 11 Nights and goes to Pentecost and Luganville which I have never been to and seen really quite Nice. :D

wow... that sounds great... I need to change our cruise next year. We are booked on the 14 Night Cruise on Pacific Dawn in November but carnt go. NOT HAPPY ABOUT THIS. So I was thinking about doing another cruise on Pacific Sun in May next year. Its 11 Nights and goes to Pentecost and Luganville which I have never been to and seen really quite Nice. :D

May 10?? im booked to go on that one!

the sales have just come out too.

i hope i get to see the land diving:)

Sorry to hear that you can't go on the Dawn next year Aussie84, I would be devastated if I couldn't go, what a shame. Ah well, I am sure you would enjoy the other cruise from what I've heard.

May 10?? im booked to go on that one!

the sales have just come out too.

i hope i get to see the land diving:)

If Pentecoste Island is one of the ports on the cruise you will see the land diving. The cruises only go to Pentecoste during the land diving "season"- April to August/September.

Archived