collielover

collielover

Hi will be on the Carnival Destiny the week of 11/19 for my first cruise:) . I was hopeing to find out if the beaches in Aruba and Barbdos had snorkeling equiptment for rent. And at what cost? My friends and I will be going out on our own. And we were thinking about buying our own snorkeling equiptment. Are would it be better just to rent? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help.

Hi will be on the Carnival Destiny the week of 11/19 for my first cruise:) . I was hopeing to find out if the beaches in Aruba and Barbdos had snorkeling equiptment for rent. And at what cost? My friends and I will be going out on our own. And we were thinking about buying our own snorkeling equiptment. Are would it be better just to rent? :rolleyes:

Thanks for any help.

I am not sure about altogether about those ports. I do know you could in St. Thomas and Grand Cayman and hubby rented from the ship (we were on Carnival Fascination back in 2000-at that time Fascination was cruising southern caribbean out of San Juan) for Barbadoes-it is fairly inexpensive like $10-$15.

I'm not sure about those particular islands, either, but we bought our own snorkeling equipment before our first cruise and we're glad we did. I really don't want to put a snorkel in my mouth that has been shared by many! I know they soak them, but you'd be depending on the quality of their soaking solutions and techniques for cleaning...yuck! Any sporting good store sells the gear, it's relatively inexpensive and it packs well.

Have fun!

I'm not sure about those particular islands, either, but we bought our own snorkeling equipment before our first cruise and we're glad we did. I really don't want to put a snorkel in my mouth that has been shared by many! I know they soak them, but you'd be depending on the quality of their soaking solutions and techniques for cleaning...yuck! Any sporting good store sells the gear, it's relatively inexpensive and it packs well.

Have fun!

Hubby brings his own too-it is those darn flippers he will rent!!!!!! Too much room in the suitcase!!!!!!

Archived