Teen Clubs

star10

Hi, Dan,

Thanks for taking the time to post and allow us to ask ??:) We will be on the Miracle for Xmas and New years 2007 sailing. So...was wanting to know what they typically do for teens this time of year, mine will be 16 when we cruise. Thanks!

~Lysa

The family is traveling on the Miracle on New Years 2007 also. We are bringing along 2 teens, one 13 and one 15 (almost 16).

Cool, we will be with you, what are they...girls or boys? Our 16 yr old is a girl, maybe they will meet:)

mlmagic

Hey guys,

My name is Dan Polulak and I am a Club O2 Director.

I just signed off a contract on the Carnival Miracle last Sunday, and start on the Carnival Liberty on December 9th.

Hi Dan - Thanks for posting! Hope to meet you on Liberty for the 2/17 sailing!(?)

Two girls. They probaly will meet, they are both excited (as well as the rest of the family) about going on a cruise during New Years.

Should be fun, see you onboard.

Yes, hopefully the girls will meet, we have a 10 yr old as well, so I know our 16 yr old will be lookin' to have some fun without lil' sis taggin' along:)

They get along really well, but my older one is very excited about this cruise and the "teen" stuff! It will be our kids first, we just had to take them, xmas AND new years is awesome! See ya on board next year!

~Lysa:)

Dan--

Thank you so much for the wonderful information. Yes, my son will be 1 month and 2 days away from his 15th birthday and I will make sure I bring proof that he is in high school (he is currently a Freshman) and I will handle everything like you suggest. I promise I won't YELL!!!! :D

Hello,

Nope I will not be on the Miracle for the Christmas and New Years, your Club O2 Director should be Angie. I just did my handover to her last week, so she should still be there in December! Christmas is a very busy time, so the program will be full fledged, should be cool, Angie sounded like she had a lot of good ideas. Each O2 program is designed by the director, so its not like we have a whole list of activities we must have, we can invent games and do things in our own style.

Anyone on Liberty until March, unless nothing changes you will see me there, I am excited, its considered an honor to be able to go to such a new ship. I am the young one of the crew, so you cant miss me, trust me.

As for Valor director, not sure because a lot of people were schedlued for vacations! In a few weeks we should all know for sure where we go.

Hello,

Nope I will not be on the Miracle for the Christmas and New Years, your Club O2 Director should be Angie. I just did my handover to her last week, so she should still be there in December! Christmas is a very busy time, so the program will be full fledged, should be cool, Angie sounded like she had a lot of good ideas. Each O2 program is designed by the director, so its not like we have a whole list of activities we must have, we can invent games and do things in our own style.

Anyone on Liberty until March, unless nothing changes you will see me there, I am excited, its considered an honor to be able to go to such a new ship. I am the young one of the crew, so you cant miss me, trust me.

As for Valor director, not sure because a lot of people were schedlued for vacations! In a few weeks we should all know for sure where we go.

Sounds fun! Thanks Dan...

mlmagic:)

Our group is travelling with 5 kids 13, 14, 15,18,19. The older 3 all boys and the younger two a boy and a girl generally hang together. We are cruising on the Liberty December 31. Will there be any venues at night where all 5 will be able to hang out or even the older 3? If the older 2 can't get into O2, can the 15 year old go where the 18 and 19 year old can?:cool:

Dan

It looks like you may be the Teen director on our cruise. We are on the Liberty December 31, 2006.

Does anyone know if there are gaming units in places other than Camp Carnival or club O2?:confused:

I had a hard time convincing my to be 19 year old to join us and his cousins on a vacation. He is past the time to travel with Parents. But he is a game lover, all units, and computers. I think the internet available on board is not high speed more like dial up so computer games are out.

I know other posters are saying "we came to get away from all that" but I am trying to perfect the art of compromize.

I've asked the question before but no response.

Is there any venue day or night that will combine the ages of 13 to 19?

Thanks in advance.

Can't wait to go.:cool:

We're going on the Sensation for a Christmas/Birthday present for the kids. Our soon to be 13 year old has already asked me about the Teen Club.

I totally agree with not letting your kids lie about their age. They will be able to do the stuff they want to do when the time comes.

I just hope Gabby won't think the Club is "lame." -LOL

• 1 month later...

Dan, My son just turned 18 yo the last week of October and is still a senior in high school. He would like to meet some other teens in his same age range. Do you think he will have any trouble getting into the Club O2 activities? What other activities will be geared toward the 18 - 19 year olds? Thanks so much.

• 4 months later...

My 17-1/2 year old daughter (and her friend) who are currently seniors will be taking their first cruise with us next month. They are looking forward to the teen club, but were concerned about the age group. They did not want to be 'hanging out' with kids not yet in high school and I can't say as I blame them. I think if you child is IN high school, then they should be permitted to attend, but if they are only in 8th grade, don't lie about their age, or try to get them in just because THEY think their age group (12-14 or whatever it is) would be lame. It would make the older group 'lame' for the kids that ARE old enough. Like one poster said, they (the not-yet-high school agers) will be able to have their time when they are old enough. There is a BIG difference between kids that are 17/18 and are seniors and kids that are 13 and not yet in high school.

Archived