Difference: "dive boat" & "motor cruiser"

Rockiesfan

Hi - I'm looking at two different snorkeling excursions in Grand Cayman off the FOS. Both are 2 1/2 hours and go to Cheeseburger and Shipwreck reefs (little ones not interested in stingrays). However, one is on a "motor cruiser" and promises shade and bathrooms; the other is on a "custom dive boat" and doesn't mention bathrooms.

Can anyone wager a guess as to whether or not the dive boat will have a bathroom? We have three kids; someone is sure to need one! It sounds to me like the dive boat would be smaller and therefore a better snorkeling experience.

We thought about snorkeling from Eden Rock but DH thinks it would be fun to have the gang out on the water.

Any comments appreciated!

Hi - I'm looking at two different snorkeling excursions in Grand Cayman off the FOS. Both are 2 1/2 hours and go to Cheeseburger and Shipwreck reefs (little ones not interested in stingrays). However, one is on a "motor cruiser" and promises shade and bathrooms; the other is on a "custom dive boat" and doesn't mention bathrooms.

Can anyone wager a guess as to whether or not the dive boat will have a bathroom? We have three kids; someone is sure to need one! It sounds to me like the dive boat would be smaller and therefore a better snorkeling experience.

We thought about snorkeling from Eden Rock but DH thinks it would be fun to have the gang out on the water.

Any comments appreciated!

Depends on who the dive operator will be in Grand Cayman. Some have smaller boats meant to have 5-6 divers (Six-pack boats), others accommodate more and usually have a marine head (translation, closet with a toliet) on them. If you're considering the dive boat you may have to wait until you board the ship and ask at the shore excursion desk. 'course there's always the ocean, the fish to it. :)

Randall

Archived