Snorkeling Question

collielover

Will be making my first cruise the week of Nov. 19th on Carnival Destiny. :) My friends and I will be going out on our own to different beaches in Barbados and Aruba. I was wondering if the beaches rent equipment to snorkel and at what cost? Would it be better to buy our own or just rent? Any suggestions would be a big help.:confused:

I suggest that you buy equipment before you go. I haven't been to those ports in a while, and don't know if you can rent equipment there, but it is always good to have your own. (IMHO) There are a few reasons why I say this.

1. You KNOW you will have equipment.

2. You KNOW whose mouth has been on the equipment.

3. If you go to more than a few places, you will be ahead money wise.

We got our equipment at Sam's Club and like it just fine. I think we got the whole set, including a back pack for under $40.

If you want to know about rentals at the beaches in Aruba, I suggest you post this question over on the Aruba board.

Have fun planning!

Hi there, I totally agree with everything the last poster said... we bought our own for our first cruise, and take it along everytime.

Our first cruise was on Destiny also! Have a GREAT time!

We bought snorkel gear on sale, end of season for less than what it would have cost us to rent on last cruise, since we went snorkeling 3X's. I would definately buy and take with. That way you know its clean and you always have it for future use.

Archived