Beer Question

sa7776

Just went on Fantasy 8-24-06. A single Bud light was 4.50 with gratuity. A bucket of Bud Light was. A bucket of Bud Light, 4 bottles was about $17.00. Beers were 5.49 each on the Victory in July. A bucket for $11.00 is a good deal. Does every ship have a different price?

Just went on Fantasy 8-24-06. A single Bud light was 4.50 with gratuity. A bucket of Bud Light was. A bucket of Bud Light, 4 bottles was about $17.00. Beers were 5.49 each on the Victory in July. A bucket for $11.00 is a good deal. Does every ship have a different price?

$5.49? That is a reqular 12 oz. beer? So there are two very conflicting posts here. Maryann has sailed most recently though. Could the prices have gone up that much? $2.75 ($11.00 bucket) a piece as opposed to $4.25 ($17.00 bucket) a piece is a big difference.

Just happen to have my receipts handy.. from the Victory in March..

bucket of bud 16oz 17.00 plus gratuity 19.55

single bud 16oz 4.50 plus gratuity 5.18

single coors light 12oz 3.50 plus gratuity 4.03

I didnt realize Beer was that expensive onboard, thanks for the info, I will also check on the Pride next week.

Fred

We have been on 4 Carnival cruises since last September. Victory had highest beer prices. I believe all Bud or Bud Light are in 16 oz, metal bottles. They were on the Fantasy also. I think Carnival's beer prices have gone up in past year. We sailed on Inspiration in September and November, they were less than $4.00 with gratuity from what I remember.

I think another reason you're seeing discrepancies in the prices is because the buckets of beer (at least on Victory) were sometimes on "Happy Hour" and were $11. Sometimes they were not and cost more. Buckets of Coors light were $11 at times, and $14 at other times.

We have been on 4 Carnival cruises since last September. Victory had highest beer prices. I believe all Bud or Bud Light are in 16 oz, metal bottles. They were on the Fantasy also. I think Carnival's beer prices have gone up in past year. We sailed on Inspiration in September and November, they were less than $4.00 with gratuity from what I remember.

Yep. They have gone up since our last cruise a year ago. And this is the first year we noticed the 16 oz aluminum bottles.

We were on the Ecstasy two weeks ago and Bud light in the aluminum bottles were $4.50 each plus tax, and a bucket of 4 beers (I think any kind, in aluminum bottles) was $17.00. That was our first Carnival cruise so I can't compare to any others, but thought it was quite a bit higher than our RCI cruise last year. But have recently heard that RCI has raised their drink prices too.

Archived