Majesty of the Sea for Christmas?

Hi! My husband just surprised me by telling me he wants to take our family on a cruise to celebrate my 50th BD at the end of December. We're looking at the Christmas week, seven day cruise on the Majesty. Has anyone sailed during Christmas? Would it be a good choice?

Thanks for any tips you might give us!

We did the Majesty last Christmas and it was decorated very nicely. They had x-mas trees in the dinning room and a little candy village in the centrum area. I thought Santa would make an apperance, but he didnt show. They had Turkey and dressing and all the trimmings for dinner on Christmas Day. After spending years doing the family Christmas, it was nice to be away for x-mas, but not like eating leftovers at Moms later Christmas night. :) One weird thing that happened was we had a pretty good thunderstorm Christmas Day. So instead of having snow,we had liquid snow. All in all, we loved the trip and will do it again in the future.

Oh and by the way...Happy 50th !!

No Santa????? RCI has always had a Santa. Last year we were on the Sovereign and had a great time. Haven't done the Majesty but would go if I could. We have sailed 5 or 6 Christmas's and have always loved them. Give yourself a great 50th present and go.

RM - Yeah, how about it...no Santa..I was bummin too, but what ya gonna do. It was still very nice and we had a blast.

Nancy - Yes, we had good weather besides for that one day. When we were at Coco Cay the weather was nice and we swam and snorkeled and did the waverunners. I guess they are similar to a snowmobile....LOL

I am sure you will love it.....Happy 50th

Archived