Latest Flo forecast not good for Bermuda

smeyer418

uuuh yeah. :rolleyes:

Looks like I'm going to the NE USA and Canada instead on Zenith 9/9/06 unless a miracle happens.

Personally, I would rather avoid it and have some chance of decent weather on an alternate cruise route, than deal with rain or worse.

I guess we'll know by Saturday. Not much you can do but double pack for contingency plan b.

I found this on Celebrity's Website and hope it helps those sailing tomorrow:

• Zenith, departing Saturday, September 9, will make every effort to carry out its scheduled sailing to Bermuda, even if its stay there is slightly abbreviated. Based on current forecasts, that may not be possible. Should the storm’s predicted path pose a threat to the safety of our guests, or if the storm is expected to cause damage in Bermuda that would not allow us to dock there, the ship will be forced to sail an alternative itinerary. If an alternative itinerary is necessary, the ship will visit Freeport, Bahamas, from 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. Tuesday, and Nassau, Bahamas, from 7 a.m. to midnight Wednesday. We will attempt to provide a final itinerary as quickly as possible, however, that may not be possible until the ship is actually under way. As weather conditions involving the storm are constantly changing, guests booked on this sailing should continue monitoring these updates for the latest information. Guests also may contact Celebrity at 1-800-280-3423 to receive these updates. Guests booked on this sailing may cancel their cruise and receive a letter of credit for the amount paid to Royal Caribbean. Guests who sail on this cruise will receive a $100 onboard credit per stateroom.

At this time, no other Celebrity itineraries are being altered due to tropical weather. Celebrity will continue to closely monitor weather conditions and update this information daily at 1p.m. and 7 p.m.

The good news if you want to look at that way is that Bermuda housing is much better built than the housing on most of the Caribbean islands that often suffer hurricanes so hopefully even if they take a direct hit they should have minimal lose of life and should be able to get back onto their feet relatively fast.

Good luck Bermuda.

Archived