Mar '07 on Ecstasy...need advice...

bnsilly

Want to cruise from Galveston on Ecstasy mid March..It will be myself, 37, my sister 46, and our mother 60's..My concern is...With it being a short cruise 4-5 days and mid March will we get a lot of the "Spring Break" party crowd?? or do you think it will be ok to cruise at that time? I have not cruised with Carnival before so I am a little concerned. Thanks for any info..also any thoughts about that ship...

Want to cruise from Galveston on Ecstasy mid March..It will be myself, 37, my sister 46, and our mother 60's..My concern is...With it being a short cruise 4-5 days and mid March will we get a lot of the "Spring Break" party crowd?? or do you think it will be ok to cruise at that time? I have not cruised with Carnival before so I am a little concerned. Thanks for any info..also any thoughts about that ship...

LOL, well.. you are cruising during Spring Break, and a short cruise... so yes, the liklihood is higher that you will encounter more Spring Breakers... Many people are fine cruising during Spring Break... I generally try to avoid it... it's a personal opinion. It could be fine and you could end up with very few breakers...

I agree with poster above, you will probably encounter a bit of a party crowd during that time period. Doesn't mean that it will be bothersome to you, but I have found the halls are usually nosier and people can get out of hand on the pool deck when "kids" are on break from school.

Move to March 1 and you can go with us...

We're very quiet and calm.

Mid-March is when a LOT of Texas schools and universities have their Spring Break. The 4 nighter sails Thursdays and returns on Mondays, so factor in the weekend sailors, too.

I personally wouldn't do the middle two weeks of March!

We have cruised during spring break and didn't notice that much difference to cruises outside of spring break. We have only had one cruise with noise in the hallway and that was only on one night and Carnival personel quickly took care of it. We have always found that there is plenty of room on the ships to either be a part of the active crowd or find quiet areas to relax. Pick the best time for you and enjoy!!

Archived