Tour Of Carnival Miracle

swtheart99

They do a tour of the galley. I just did my first one after 11 other cruises and it was very interesting. As a Platinum member the tour was private for us. I would suggest the tour at least once, it gives you quite a understanding of how hard those cooks, pastry chefs and waiters work. I know people have toured the engine rooms and other parts of the ship in the past, prior 9/11/01:( , but I believe those tours are quite rare now.

We were on Carnival Miracle in August. There was a Galley Tour the first sea day (Monday) and a Phantom Lounge Backstage Tour the second sea day (Saturday). I took both.

On the Galley Tour, the head of food services first spoke about food facts and figures. He gave the number of steaks, etc. that they must serve each week and also spoke about running food service operation with staff of so any different nationalities and backgrounds. We saw salad and dessert preparation in progress on the tour.

The head sound and lighting tech led the backstage tour. We saw the dressing rooms and costume and set storage. The theater crew held a question-and-answer session about their backgrounds and putting on shows aboard ship.

Archived