sting ray swim, Carnival Inspiration

tiffiany595

Has anyone done the sting ray swim while they were on a cruise with Carnival's Inspiration or any other ship that got there at 7am (eastern time) and left at 2pm? Since the island time will be an hour behind we are losing a lot of time. Since it will only be 6am island time when we get there, and last tender is at 12pm island time. I have a sting ray swim booked from 8:30-11 island time but that really only gives us less then an hour to do anything else. Is the swim worth it? I would like to do a little shopping and get to eat on the island and I know I wont be able to do these things if I do the swim. Just looking for other people's input.

We were on the Inspiration in May and went with Captain Bryans 2- stop tour which was in your timeframe. I think it was well worth it. My family of 5 had a great time on the catamarran, Hannibal. There were only twelve on the boat when we went. In addition to the stingray stop, at the snorkeling area we saw many fish, a nurse shark, and a moray eel. We even made a short extra stop to see and hold large starfish.

The bus took us back near the tendering area, where we had about an hour or so to shop around. The lines for the tender back to ship are usually pretty long, so you might have some extra time if you keep a look out

We went on the Sensation in 2003. They say it is best to take the earlier tour because it won't be really crowded and it won't be as hot.

Here a few pictures from the tour..

Click View Slideshow button:

http://www.kodakgallery.com/ShareLandingSignin.jsp?Uc=18tjuqvp.9ghhlt19&Uy=-cu2nqi&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0

Archived