Kids and cruise a card? Please Help...

ColCruiser

I would just like to know how to keep an eye on the kids cruise card. I would say it will have to be linked to our credit card....Is this correct?

Can we set a limit on it?

I am just concerned about internet and extra games ect...Or am I worrying over nothing?

Thanks again

This site is great.

Hi,

Assuming the child / children are not of an age to have their own Credit Card, then, yes, it would be billable to yours if you agree and sign to it.

I don't think there's any way to limit usage since you will have signed for the CC to be utilised at the beginning of the cruise. There is of course the discretion of the employee accepting the Cruise card for example at a bar where under age drinking might be an issue.

The Purser's office would be the best place to address the question (or Reception in the first instance).

Internet usage might be covered differently since I believe that currently this is achieved with a separate card... say £20 for so many minutes usage. Well, if they use that up and come back for more... that's in your domain!

Hope this helps,

There is of course the discretion of the employee accepting the Cruise card for example at a bar where under age drinking might be an issue.

It's my understanding that the cruise cards for any passenger under 18 are automatically blocked from purchasing alcohol anywhere on the ship.

The cards used to have an "A" on the adults one so they could see instantly if it belongs to under 18 and I think they are encoded too. For some reason Keepcruising's sister who was well and truly an adult was registered on the ship as a child. She had problems buying alcohol becuase her card showed her as a child.

When we were on the Star in Jan, I am pretty sure that we didn't link our 8yo daughters card to my cc as I was concerned about the whole unlimited spending and her losing the card. I think once we boarded we just put some cash on the card and when it ran out then that was it.

Hi aussiedisneyfan!

This whole issue of kid's spending never seems to get much clearer!:o

I thought all passengers (on Star) had to have the document that authorises P&O to charge credit cards, completed before check-in. So we would therefore have to know what was permitted ( cash??),before we got on board. We would much prefer to put cash on the boy's cards (with us using our credit card),but I thought that wasn't possible on the Star. On the form it does say, or to settle my account with any other approved form of payment.

But it doesn't mention what's approved!

Cheers

I am sure that we didn't add my daughter to my credit card. I have a very large limit and wouldn't want the risk of it going astray.

Another friend who travelled with us didn't own any form of credit card back then. She was told she would be able to cash up her account first.

We ended up saying she could be added to my cc. After about 3 days her cruisecard was declined. When we asked at the pursers desk why, they said it wasn't linked to any card. So to me that means they will let you use your card with out a cc being linked or she wouldn't have been able to use it from day one.

Archived