Beach access for physically challenged?

stacieps

I'm cruising on the Glory in December with my mother and grandmother. This is my grandmother's 1st cruise. At home she uses a walker and when out she uses a wheelchair. Is there anywhere that you think we'd be able to access for her to go swimming? Swimming is something she would love to do. I'm hoping to find out if there is a beach that isn't too wide that she might be able to walk to the water with assistance or if there is a beach that has beach wheelchairs that we could use to get her down to the water.

Do the beaches have chairs available to rent? Can you bring into shallow water?

Thanks for any info!

There are 37 beaches on SXM. Some of the beaches with calm waters are...

Le Gallion, Great Bay/Philipsburg, Kim Sha(Simpson Bay), Petite Plage(Grand Case).

I would not recommend Petit Plage for someone with walking difficulties because there is a significant drop at the water's edge (I am speaking from personal experience I have bad arthritis and I find water entry and exit at Petit Plage a bit difficult). I actually prefer Orient Beach (which does tend to have bigger waves) because the entry slope is very gradual.

Archived