Tattoo Shops

Pip6459

My fiance and I will be honeymooning in Hawaii in two weeks. We will be in Honolulu for 4 days prior to our cruise sailing and would like to get tattoos while we are there. We would really like to get traditional polynesian tattoos using the traditional meathod. However we haven't had any luck finding anyone that does that. Does anyone know of anyone?? Or even just a good tattoo shop there.

Thanks

Pip

I would recommend that it be the last thing you do on your vacation, if you do it at all. After getting a tattoo, you can't submerge it in water, so any swimming or snorkeling wouldn't work. (You're only supposed to take showers too.) Its also recommended you use sunscreen on it to keep the colors true, and while it is still healing that is not a lotion that is recommended. I wasn't happy with my colors on one of mine after it had healed, so went back to the shop for a touch-up. That would not be possible if you got it on vacation and were already back home.:rolleyes:

If you want a souvenir of your trip, you could get it done back home. I really liked a turtle I saw on a snorkel trip brochure, so just brought that home and had it done at a reputable shop by my house.

Archived