Dawn - all inside rooms the same?

TomBxyz

Looking for opinions on the Dawn. If one has decided on an inside stateroom, is there really any reason to pay more for a higher deck? Or would a cat K in the bowels of the ship be just as good as any higher cat?

( Will we be kep awake at night from the sounds of bull whips or the workers shovelling coal into the boilers down there? ;) )

For the most part, I always book the "cheapest" inside cabin, knowing right well that there are none available. As a matter of fact I knew that the bottom 6 categories had no availability either ;) I think they just call it a "guaranteed cabin" or "run of the ship." I have always been pleasanlty surprised at were we always end up. For my upcoming Dawn cruise, we booked cat. M and found out 2 weeks ago that we are on deck 10, just were I like to be......near top deck(s) buffet, gym, spa, etc.

Last time on Dawn they called me 2 weeks prior to ask if we wanted to upgraded to a balcony for $100 each. It was then $649 pp for a balcony! (NOT INCL. TAX, PORT CHARGES) It was money well spent. We were on deck 9, starboard, mid ship. I am hoping for same this time.

Looking for opinions on the Dawn. If one has decided on an inside stateroom, is there really any reason to pay more for a higher deck? Or would a cat K in the bowels of the ship be just as good as any higher cat?

( Will we be kep awake at night from the sounds of bull whips or the workers shovelling coal into the boilers down there? ;) )

Hi Tom:

We have not gone on the Dawn yet...but we will in 2007! We were with you on the Spirit back in August.

The inside cabins on the Spirit appear to be mostly the same (except a few). We were down with the rowers....deck 5 inside/midship. I did notice that it was pretty noisy at times and there was quite a bit of banging at night. It sounded mechanical, not passenger related. I do not know if this was noticed up higher. It was certainly different from what we were used to being in an outside cabin on previous NCL cruises.

We have gone to an AB Suite for our trip on the Dawn! We are excited to experience this change.

We still had a great time.

Take Care.

We had an inside 5535 and our friends 8025....the cabins were identical. Neither of us heard any noise, and as we traveled through Ernesto, a tropical storm with 20 foot waves, our rooms seemed to rock less. Unless we got a great deal on a balcony, I would book inside and spend the money saved on perks on the ship and ashore......Just my opinion, but many of the staff agreed with us...

Now last year, a friend received an upgrade to a suite with a wonderful balcony in the front of the ship....butler and all.....that is a whole different league of travel and if you can score one of them for a good price, go for it.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on Dawn 09/09 in 5109. It was very convenient, just around the corner from the midship stairs and elevators. The room was small but had a different layout from most because the entry door was on the long wall. We liked it, and I got the impression our bathroom and shower were larger than some. Friends who had balcony and outside cabins reported being waked up regularly at 6:00 by noises related to arriving in port. We only heard stuff being rolled in the halls a couple of times and not that early. On the other hand, I'm not a light sleeper. Midships, low, and interior is the most stable location on a ship - less rocking and rolling if the seas are rough. I did notice that unlike Celebrity and Royal Caribbean, the standard outside cabins were larger.

Archived