Qm2 30th October Back To Back Transatlantic

Tom Connaughton

UNA AND I HAVE SAILED INTO NEW YORK TWICE BEFORE IT WAS JUST AS THE SUN WAS RISING, WITH THE SUNLIGHT REFLECTING OFF OF THE SKYSCRAPERS AND CLOUDS ENVELOPING THE TOPS OF THEM. IT WAS SPECTACULAR.

I SEE IT IS YOUR FIRST TIME IN NEW YORK, SO MAY I SUGGEST http://WWW.FAMILYINNEWYORK.COM

TOM AND UNA

Thanks Tom, that's useful because at the moment we're putting together our itinerary for the few days we're there. Have you been in November before - we're not too sure what the weather might be like, so I think it will be coats and gloves to be on the safe side. This is our first time with Cunard, after sailing with Princess & P&O and are really looking forward to the experience. We'll be travelling to Southampton on the 29th and staying overnight - it's only 7 weeks now, so it won't be long!

Roger & Sue

New York New York That Sounds Like A Cue For A Song

Hi Roger And Sue,

We Crossed The Atlantic Into New York On The Qe2 In July 1993, The Weather Was Horrendous, Force 9 Gales.

In September Of The Previous Year We Sailed From Tilbury To New York On Royal Princess And The Weather Was Wonderful.

I Suppose Its Pot Luck Where The Weather Is Concerned.

At That Time, It Was Our First Time In New York, We Had Planned To Do A Show On Each Of The Three Nights We Were In Town. However, After Browsing Through The Leaflets In The Hotel We Took A Day Trip To Niagara The See The Falls. It Was The Best Decision We Made, We Were Picked Up At The Hotel At 7.00, Flew Over The Falls, Had A Meal In The Penthouse Restaurant Overlooking The Falls, Went On The Maid Of The Mist "just Awesome" A Fantastic Never To Be Forgotten Experience.

After All You Can Do Shows In London But You Cannot Do Niagara.

Tom And Una

Are Both Ships In New York At The Same Time, I Wiil Try To Find Out.

This refers to the 30th Oct when both ships are berthed in Southampton, quite where each ship will be is a matter of opinion, who will be at berth 38/39 and who will be at the P&O terminal?

cheers

Myles

Archived