Considering booking penthouse but concerned!

stuNYC

I am considering booking a penthouse on deck 8 of Pride of Aloha but it is all the way aft. My concerns are two-fold - vibrations and exhaust fumes. Has anyone been in a penthouse and can validate or alleviate my concerns. The only reason I am considering it vs. the owner suite is that my wife is in a wheelchair and per the deckplans both the restaurant and the lounge are aft rather than forward and I will not have to push her the length of the ship

Thanks for your help!

With the owners suite you can eat meals on your balcony or at your dining table and they will bring you just about anything, so you could eat some meals in the cabin and enjoy some romantic meals for two.

I have not stayed in a rear cabin, but have been in the rear dining rooms and felt the vibration. Now the cabins are higher so it should be much less - hopefully others will respond.

We switched to an onwers suite just for the extra room. The POA cabins in general are smaller than others in the fleet. Not sure about room for a wheel chair in the penthouse - so check it out.

I have been reading posts about extreme wind and lack of privacy on the owner's suite balcony. What was your experience and what are the amenities beside butler and concierge.

Thanks in advance

We were in the AC Penthouse on the Sun and loved it! I do not think there was excessive vibrations and only one day did we have black soot, while in port, and the room stewart cleaned it up at once. We loved the balcony and it's covered area allowed us to enjoy the scenery even in the rain. We are spoiled and would never sail in any other cabin again!

Archived