Live from the Pride !!!

Wennfred

SmooCruise, The Sunset Pirate Party Boat excursion is 89.00 pp and its 4.5 hours long, departs are 4:15pm Will have info on the Chocolate buffet probably on Saturday.

Thanks Fred! Actually I'm already booked. Pre-booked for the Pirate Cruise several months ago. What I want you to keep your ears open for is if people thought the motion of the boat was bad. And if they enjoyed it. Don't knock yourself out trying to find out.....just if you hear people talking about it. You are such a sweetheart! Trying to answer everyone and all. Just make sure you enjoy your cruise and get away from the computer! *LOL*

4210? Lucky dawgs!

We had 5270 which is just above and to port from yours. I'm addicted to aft cabins now.

The one fly in the ointment is the slight whipsaw effect of the ship flexing (yes, something that long is going to flex) on the way back when the ship is exceeding its service speed. It felt like mild turbulence on a jet. Personally, I didn't mind it.

Once we were done checking out our table we headed to the Internet Cafe, I got the 100 minute plan for 55.00 plus if you sign up now you get 10 min. more free, and since I got my Carnival Vacation Club coupon book there is an addtional 5 minutes free there too. So 15 minutes free, thats what it took me to figure this out LOL.

You might ask the Internet manager if there will be a half-price happy hour or such. On Valor last week, there were a couple of hours a couple of days when you in effect got twofer minute usage, in addition to the free minutes.

Thanks Fred! Glad you enjoyed the rumrunner, I luv 'em:D DH started me on them on our trip. Had my first taste of 1 at Bayside in Miami. Let me know how ya did on roulette, 1st time I played, I had a few rumrunners in me, and hit pretty good on the first try.......between us, DH and I won over $700 on our cruise:D :rolleyes: now, if I could just remember winning it............I know we did, 'cause I had a great time spending the winnings:p You guys enjoy your cruise:)

My farmer husband just left for the farm to check on the soybeans. I LOVE your reports. This is going to be so much fun this week. MY GROWN DAUGHTER AND I ARE SO EXCITED ABOUT OUR TRIP ON THE PRIDE IN NOVEMBER. All information will be so helpful to all of us. Thanks so much. FARMERS WIFE

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your live report! My Parents and Aunt & Uncle are on their FIRST EVER cruise along with you!! They are with a travel group from Las Vegas. I am here in New Jersey - so happy for them and so jealous at the same time!!!

Wishing you a WONDERFUL trip!!!!!!!!!

I am so happy for you and so jealous,too. We sailed on the Pride last

October for our son's wedding. I love the Pride and want to go on her

again....real soon. Enjoy every corner of the Pride and have a great cruise and time in the ports. Azcamm

I am also so jealous :D It has been over 2 years since I was on the Pride.

Fred,

Glad to see your having fun. We had 4230 and 4232 in March.

When leaving PV, in March we had fun up above the bridge watching the fireworks show put on for the pirate boat excursion and then walk to the aft end of the ship to watch people stumbling back from the Pirate boat.

cont.

We walked around the ship, got familiar with all the decks and got some Sushi, the Sushi is free, what they do charge for is Saki, and thats why there is a Cash register there. So on this Cruise the Sushi replaces my favorite Fish and Chip. The show at 7pm was very nice, We have a new Cruise Director, Ralph "wee Jimmy" Valenti. He is pretty funny, I like him better then Chris Jefferson. Stanley Ullman was funny as well, tomorrow night he will do the Midnight Adult comedy show. After the show which ended shortly around 7:40pm we sat down in a lounge close to the dining room and at 8:15pm the doors opened, we met up with Jan and her dad Bob for dinner. Dinner was great tonight, Since all I had today was the 3 California Sushi and the Minute Steak Sandwich and fries at the Grille, I was pretty hungry by late dinner time. We waiting until the line going into the dining room ended and we were like the last ones in. Our Waiters Alberto from P.I. and Boris of Peru were ok, they served us pretty slow but we were not in a rush so it worked out well. I had the Pepper Corn Steak very good !!! and also the Sweet and Sour Shrimp, the shrimps where very big and tasty. You get like 5 long breaded shrimp that you pick up and dip it in the Sweet and Sour sauce, I was in Heaven. After we walked around and since I was up at 5:30am that morning I headed back to the cabin to relax and watch T.V., tonight since our show is at 10:30pm and then the Midnight show we will hit all of the lounges.

Around 11pm I called Room Service and orders the Peanut butter & Jelly Sandwich and the Tuna Salad on english muffin, Apple and OJ. Both were pretty good and it came right away, no more then 15 minutes of wait.

Got to bed around 1:30am.

Day 2, Monday

This morning we got up kinda late, Wendy woke up with a massive hangover (she is not a drinker) and has a headache, I watch a very good Love story type of move called Tristan and isolde something like that, very good movie. Shayla went to the Gym to work out some of them calories lol. I left the cabin around 10am and they went up to get some breakfast on lido, Im going to go to the Dining room for lunch this morning, will let you know how it goes.

Jckvpa0, We are sailing with our Sister inlaw Shayla, its her first cruise and she is loving it so far... She does Swing Dancing so she was excited to see the Carnival Dancers do their thing on stage.

SmooCruise, its no problem, I have a Price List next to me that gives me the prices of everything. Thanks for looking up whats in the Fun Ship special.

Phroggie, we are starting to like the Aft Cabin, at first it felt small but we are growing into it, its very very quiet, I have to open the door to hear the anouncements and I love looking out the balcony, currently we are moving pretty fast, at 21 knots and you can see the water behind us lite blue and foamy. Looks cool and also sounds nice. Our cabin is right behind the Flag Pole.

Bubbles1209, I havent done the table games yet, but I hit for 79.00 on Shrimpmainia, its a 25 cent electronic slot machine, was fun !!!, I cashed out and took off.

I want to thank you all for all of your great comments, I dont mind answering questions while on board, not using up my minutes since I log on, refresh and log off, then I can read and write in Wordpad and then log on and copy paste, its that simple.

Will have more to follow.

Fred

I love the review so far. I'm getting excited about my trip in October. I do have 1 question if you have a chance I'm trying to find out what band is playing in the main lounge. I have lost contact with old friends that were in a band on the ship and I heard a rumor that the were on this ship!

Thanks for all the updates,

Selena

I love the review so far. I'm getting excited about my trip in October. I do have 1 question if you have a chance I'm trying to find out what band is playing in the main lounge. I have lost contact with old friends that were in a band on the ship and I heard a rumor that the were on this ship!

Thanks for all the updates,

Selena

Fred,

Glad to see your having fun. We had 4230 and 4232 in March.

When leaving PV, in March we had fun up above the bridge watching the fireworks show put on for the pirate boat excursion and then walk to the aft end of the ship to watch people stumbling back from the Pirate boat.

*laughing*

I will be one of those people "stumbling back" to the Pride a week from this Wednesday. I'm going to try and remember to look up and wave at everyone on the ship who is watching us drunks! Just hope the weather holds out and it's not too rough of seas fr us pirates!

Speaking of weather Fred....what's it like today? Warm I hope?

Hi Fred,

Thanks for the info. We will be sailing the 8th of October. Have a couple questions you may be able to answer for me. On the drink coupons you can order from Carnival, 4 for 19.50 does that include beers and also it says well drinks. Do they use any kind of tequilla or can I ask for Jose Cuervo. Are those drink coupons worth it? Also have a 3 year old going. Do they have guard rails available for the top bunks that you can ask for? And while I am asking:) we are a group and is there a place on the ship you could recommend a surprise birthday party. Thank You so much and await your next review.

Z

Archived