Live from the Pride !!!

Wennfred

Can't seem to post anything correctly - so if anyone gets this message - please help. :confused:

I am booked on the Pride Nov 5th. Yippee! I plan on taking (lots:) ) of my own liquor. For some of the specialty foo-foo drinks (a cruise must) I will buy those at the bar. How do the drink coupons work? Are they good for (4) drinks of ANY kind? Or do they have a value per coupon? $19.50 for a 4 drink coupon book seems pretty darn cheap to me! Does anyone have a "drink" menu with prices. Maybe this will help me determine which liquor selection (s) to take aboard!

Thanks for all the great Pride info! Counting down the days (53 to go!):)

Here's the link to a bar menu that someone scanned and put on Webshots...

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/521755807/1521761996081382162KJPUpu

There were some videos of the Pride...and more of other Carnival ships. A lot of them are really bad! But there are a few good ones. Some were of the "Legends" show. Where passengers try out for spots in the show as different singers. Does the Pride still do this? Does anybody have a list of what performers you can try out for?:confused:

Pride Day 4 Cont.

I took that walk topside and by the time I got to the back of the ship I was drenched with sweat, it was so hot, my

camera was all fogged up inside and out, I couldn't see anything through the Lens.

I returned inside where I found one of the Grille, I had Grilled Steak in Onions, but that wasn't enough, off I

went to the Main Grille for a Cheeseburger, I only ate half and headed to get a Slice of Pizza. That pretty much

hit the spot.

Headed down to the Atrium for a nice cold drink, got a Dirty Banana Daquire. Then off to the cabin to watch T.V.

its been a pretty bad week in the News I saw, Terrorist attack a U.S. Embassy, Anna Nicole Smith son past away and

now the Gov. of Texas, a very sweet spunky lady died of cancer today and also the 5th anniversary of 911. Im

getting to the point where Im not going to watch the news anymore, just the movie channels at night.

Anyways I took another nap and waited for Wendy and Shayla to retuned from the Dolphin Swim. They arrived and had

a great time, even took pictures and got the DVD. This Dolphin swim allow them to take a ride with 2 dolphins.

4:15PM And it was time for our Rhythms of the Night excursion. A very nice 40 minute ride to Las Caletas. We had a

very romantic athentic Mexican dinner and then off to the show. Just want to add this for those that use those

plastic incerts to hold your Sail and Sign card or ID cards, we saw a sail and sign and ID Card fly outside of the

holder and into the Ocean. Just keep your Sail and Sign card and ID in your Front Pockets.

We returned back to the ship around 9pm tonight. They called someones cabin number twice now, I dont think these

people made it back, the ship is suppose to sail at 10pm and we are still tied up to the pier as we speak. Its now

10:08pm and we are starting to move.

Tonights 10:30pm show is the Juggler, not sure if Im going to make that one, Tomorrow we dock at Mazatlan around

9pm and Wendy and Shayla are off to Randys Happy Horses. I will have a nice day relaxing onboard the Pride.

The Drink Special called Mexican Mama has Tequia, Apricot Brandy, Pina Colada mix and Fruit Punch.

Fred

The new Cruise Director is called "Wee Jimmy" Didn't get his last name, will have to look at the Capers tomorrow. A big Scotish guy, Like the guy from Austin Powers that sings the Chillys baby back ribs, but this guy says "I love you" all the time to sound cute. We wore his kilt (sp) dress on the first night. I really don't like him, hard to understand sometimes and he has to repeat himself because most of the time people look at him like what? lol.

Give me Brett Alan or Michael Mullane, Don't get me wrong Wee Jimmy is ok but I don't see him as a Cruise Director.

Someone asked about the Band, They call it the Carnival Pride Band, nothing special, but the lead guy is Sean Layhe (sp)

I just asked a crew person here at the Internet Cafe about Wee Jimmys last name, even she doesn't know.

The dining room was closed today during port day, I will check and see if its open tomorrow.

The internet cafe is next to the Piano Bar, you can even sit there and listen to him play, not many people at the piano bar the whole week, doesn't sound like a winner on this cruise. He just finished playing a song and only 1 person clapped.

I posted a Link to Rhythms of the Night, on their website they have a nice video you can watch. This link is located in my Pride Roll Call, look for it around the last 5 or so pages.

Victory Bound, only Wendy and Shayla will be doing Randys tomorrow, I did it last year and had a great time, plus the food is good, Im just going to relax the next 2 ports, and hit the beach in Cabo.

Jan told me about the Aft Balcony Cabins and she is right, they tend to stay warm, we have a tight balcony seal because when the doors close its quiet, but as far as A/C it stays room temp like 75 degrees, no cooler then that.

Mysticks, I will get with the waiter tomorrow and see if I can score a copy of the Desserts for you guys and post it when I return. I didnt know that these desserts were not on Cruise Critic, did anyone check on Cruiseclues.com?

See ya all tomorrow !!! Have a wonderful night, Im off to the Piano bar for a drink.

Fred

RaiderFaninNM, I was surprise to see that the Mexican Mama drink was a whopping $6.95, I didnt see how big it was, just sounds pretty high. Some of the Specials run from 2.95, 3.95 and up.

By the way the piano bar closed as I was heading in, it closed at 11pm.

Fred, Really enjoying this. We don't sail on the Pride until January, but I am just loving every minute of your live reports. Thanks for keeping up on the daily drink specials and, yeah, 6.95 is a bit steep for that Mex Mama. Also, I appreciate the info on the cigarettes. Thirty six bucks and some change for two cartons is really good...but too bad they didn't have merit ultras. Maybe they will in January. Thanks for checking that out for me.

Smoocruise, I can sooo relate to your addiction about surfing the net about cruising. I have 4 mos. to go and I can't get enough. I am going to try your "you-tube" suggestion. :)

We stayed in PV for a week at an all-inclusive and my hubby & I took the daytime pirate cruise. My hubby got a little sea-sick. We have taken many water based tours during our previous cruises and on our all-inclusive trips and he had never gotten sea-sick before. He swears it was the breakfast that was served. I'm not sure. He wanted to take a cab back from the beach.... but... it was very isolated and no cab service available. He had to take the pirate ship back. He didn't eat the lunch... didn't want to risk it...he had already spent too much time in the bathroom.

We stayed in PV for a week at an all-inclusive and my hubby & I took the daytime pirate cruise. My hubby got a little sea-sick. We have taken many water based tours during our previous cruises and on our all-inclusive trips and he had never gotten sea-sick before. He swears it was the breakfast that was served. I'm not sure. He wanted to take a cab back from the beach.... but... it was very isolated and no cab service available. He had to take the pirate ship back. He didn't eat the lunch... didn't want to risk it...he had already spent too much time in the bathroom.

Thanks for the info MaryAnn.....I wonder if it's because they take you down below to eat??? And for the night-time cruise (which is where I've seen the most complaints abour motion sickness) I'm wondering if all the free booze has anything to do with it. Did you enjoy the ship other than that?

We loved the cruise. The daytime cruise was more geared toward families. The show was more family based. The beach was fantastic. Beach volleyball, banana boat rides and more beach fun. Very nice day. I would consider doing it again. We were there during February and we even did a little whale watching and saw some up close. A perk for being there at the right time.

Pride, Day 5, Port Day Mazatlan

The Pride Docked this morning at 9am, the ship is pretty much Empty now, except for a few people. I woke up this

morning to see the ship dock and then I went back to bed, at 10:30am I started my way around the ship, still too

earily for Lunch, I stopped at the Pursers office to see if by chance they had copies of the Dessert Menu. I asked

Purser Officer Theresa Wagner if she had those copies and she said no, but that I could get them in the Dining

room, she immediately took a glance at my shirt and read the Cruise Critic Logo on the front of my Blue Polo shirt,

she immediately said wait, I might be able to do something for you.. The Power of Cruise Critic strikes again. She

went back and after 3 minutes she came out with the copies. I told her how happy I was and that it will be included

in my daily review. I will post them as soon as I get home. I have to now sort them out as they don't have the

days on them, I will ask my waiter to sort them for me I guess.

Last night, once again I hit the Texas Tea slot machine for 112.50, it was like 5 cows across and like 2 other

thingies which paid 1350 credits, so at 2250 credits I cashed out. I'm not the type to put it all back in, If I'm up I'm done.

Wendy and Shayla are off to ride some horses with Randys Happy Horses. The ship departs at 6pm today, short day.

Off to lunch, this morning if the Rotisserie grille or the Taste of the Nations don't look good, then it will be a Minute Steak sandwich with grilled onions for me. Then some Ice Cream.

Show for tonight is a comedian named JeROME and music by Howard Mincone, and the Bands Leader is Sean Leahy.

The cruise Directors name is Wee Jimmy Valente. His last name isn't posted in the Caper, so I had to ask at the Pursers Deck.

See ya all later.

Fred

SmooCruise, I haven't ran into anyone yet that has taken the Pirate Cruise, I do know that I would like to take it next April because it looks like alot of fun. Water conditions were pretty smooth so I don't see anyone getting sick onboard. The Weather last night in P.V. was nice, more clouds came but no rain. There are some clouds today in Mazatlan but overall Sunny and Hot. I did see in the international CNN News last night that there is another tropical storm forming down off of Cabo. Its not affecting us at all. Hope it doesnt form into a bigger storm and head this way.

NeptunesGoddess, one thing they did say was that they were low on Cigarettes this cruise and maybe next week they will get a shipment of the Merit types. So SmooCruise will have to see what Selection they will have onboard next week.

Mr. Pete, I read that I posted "we" lol as in both of us wearing the Kilt, Believe me its so freakin hot out here in Mexico I wouldn't mind wearing a dress too lol.

Sirlostalot, I saw the pictures on CNN, Lane is looking pretty big, luckly we are ahead by 2 days. Let me know more about this Tropical storm because we rarely get weather reports down here.

By the way, there was a man that was low on his sugar levels and was pretty nervous on returning back with us from Las Caletas last night. He didn't even eat any of the good mexican dinner there. If you have diabetic seizers (sp) please ensure you take with you any meds and or some type of candy like chocolets on these extended excursions.

Let me know if anyone needs a specific Picture of something.

Fred

I replied too soon! I thought you were gone Fred! *LOL*

Thanks for keeping your ears open for the Pirate cruise. Did you see the fireworks from it last night? I'll let you know after next week if it's as fun as it sounds!

And yes...I can check for Merits. Which reminds me I should pick me up a pac k of something mentholy....ya know...it's the strangest thing....can't stand smoking when I'm sober....but let me get a few belts in me and I want a cigarette! *LOL*

Have a nice, relaxing day Fred!

Vicky

Smoocruise, I took the pirate cruise in the evening. They provide entertainment, food and drink. I got a bit ill while eating as it is downstairs with no windows. They had a paramedic check me out. I was okay, I think I just had a panic attack due to claustrophobia. My daughter loved it. She was 16 at the time and I let her have a couple of drinks and they weren't even questioning it. If you have teens make sure you supervise. She has always had a glass of wine or champagne at Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. That was how I was raised and she is very responsible. Other than feeling a bit ill it was very fun. We were there in February and we saw lots of baby dolphins. It was pricey, but I would do it again.

Candi

Hi Fred,

Thanks for taking your time to keep us all informed. We are sailing on the Pride in November and just got our room assignments. Our friends were upgraded from an outside to a 7a balcony on the upper deck. If you are able to see, does the 7a rooms look down onto the lifeboats.

Thanks again and enjoy the rest of your cruise!!!

Archived