9/02-9/10 Spirit Review

VampyBuff

We were in Room 11531. I think the disabled access rooms are bigger if you could try for one of those. We had a very large disabled group on the ship so those were all taken quick.

The room really would be ample for 2 people though or possibly 3 youngsters who are just going to use the room to sleep in.

Not sure actually if the oceanview rooms are bigger than the inside rooms or not?

Enjoyed reading both reviews, thank you for taking the time to post them. To NJsharon, you mentioned you stayed in the largest inside room available. What cabin # was that? I'll be on the Spirit in 2 weeks and Im in an inside. Thinking maybe I should try for a oceanview now, even though its just the 2 of us.:confused: Also, do you remember what movies were being shown on the TV and on the big screen? :)

Oh & the movies that were shown on the big screen were (correct me if I am wrong) but the same movies that were available on the TV. I know I saw a late night big screen showing of Shrek & also Finding Nemo... as I wondered why they would put them on at 10pm when all the kids are in bed? Those would have been fun movies to take my girls to go see!

Question: NCL actually gave away a "cruise" for the passenger talent show??? Did they tell the guests this ahead of time or was this a surprise????

Monty

I'm glad you enjoyed it :) Well, the freestyle daily said that that is what they were competeing for. Also, a tape of the show is being sent to their entertainment offices in Miami or something, for consideration to be an cruise entertainment act...That, I think is a bit much, as I'm sure most, if not all, of the people who preformed have careers of their own, but hey, yah never know.

There had been a meeting about the talent show earlier in the week which I guess you had to go to in order to sign up (try out?) to be in it. As far as I know, that was the first we'd been told about it. I know there were more than a few singers, a dancer, a sax player and a guy who read a poem he'd written. So I guess it could basically be any talent you wanted.

Lol, amazingly I actually didn't gain ANY thing. The first few days must have just been salt/water retention, and by the last few days I wasn't really indulging anymore cause if anything, I missed feeling even remotely hungry.

My boyfriend, however, weighed in at over 20lbs heavier by the end of the week. Lol. But I'm sure he'll lose it all within a few days, if he hasn't already. hehe.

Be sure not to finish your entree in Le Bistro so you'll be able to enjoy the fondue! And get that cheesecake as well and dip it in! =)

Thank you for your added information.

We have been on other NCL cruises too..When we went on the Dawn, my husband said his best meal of the week...because of the steak and the FONDUE...was at the Bistro.

He said the reason he wants to eat in the Bistro on the Spirit..is just to have the fondue. He has been talking about it for 2 years!!!:D

He said he has never had a dessert as good as that!!

He doesn't even talk about the chocoholic buffet like that!!

Thanks again!!:)

Funny..he can eat all the desserts he wants and never gains weight. I just look at it and I am over weight by looking!!:)

Archived