Celebration review off ship on Saturday

CruisinCandy10

Dh & I (47) got off the Celebration on Saturday. This was our 3rd CCL cruise. First being the Mardi Gras:) many years ago. We were on the Fascination a couple of years ago.

We left the Chattanooga TN area on Sunday a.m. Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Kingsland GA. About an hour or less to the port. As everyone has said it is the EASIEST port to get to and from. Just follow the "ship sign" on the interstate. Got to port around 10:00. Parked, went to potty and then they were open. The terminal is very clean and new looking. A Jax man I was talking on board said it is 10 or 20 years old. Anywho a short wait here and there and I was the 7th on board after VIP and handicapp. I think we were eating by 11:30. As everyone has said. It is a VERY clean ship. Yes old. But clean! On the Fasication a couple of years ago, there was a major funk smell in the Lido dining room. So bad I didn't want to eat b'fast inside. NOT so on the Celebration. The wait staff was wonderful. So was the food, dining room and buffet. I thought so much better than last cruise. I even liked Big Tex. Thought he was funny. Yes you knew his stories were jokes. But, I don't think we have laughed anymore than we did at his dance routine. The washing on the dog, women shopping, sprinkle, etc. The big boy can move!

The only bad thing...I am SO tired. The crowd was VERY southern. Red neck if you will. Everyone at our table were from GA. They were nice people. The red neck part was the Lido deck on the first two days. But, hey if you don't want to watch the "show" you can always find a quiet place. Any questions or more details? I will be on line a few more minutes. Oh yeah Cotton, I thought of you many times last week. Don't know you but I feel like I do.:D I think DH & I are now in love with Celebration as much as you.

Candy

Dh & I (47) got off the Celebration on Saturday. This was our 3rd CCL cruise. First being the Mardi Gras:) many years ago. We were on the Fascination a couple of years ago.

We left the Chattanooga TN area on Sunday a.m. Stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Kingsland GA. About an hour or less to the port. As everyone has said it is the EASIEST port to get to and from. Just follow the "ship sign" on the interstate. Got to port around 10:00. Parked, went to potty and then they were open. The terminal is very clean and new looking. A Jax man I was talking on board said it is 10 or 20 years old. Anywho a short wait here and there and I was the 7th on board after VIP and handicapp. I think we were eating by 11:30. As everyone has said. It is a VERY clean ship. Yes old. But clean! On the Fasication a couple of years ago, there was a major funk smell in the Lido dining room. So bad I didn't want to eat b'fast inside. NOT so on the Celebration. The wait staff was wonderful. So was the food, dining room and buffet. I thought so much better than last cruise. I even liked Big Tex. Thought he was funny. Yes you knew his stories were jokes. But, I don't think we have laughed anymore than we did at his dance routine. The washing on the dog, women shopping, sprinkle, etc. The big boy can move!

The only bad thing...I am SO tired. The crowd was VERY southern. Red neck if you will. Everyone at our table were from GA. They were nice people. The red neck part was the Lido deck on the first two days. But, hey if you don't want to watch the "show" you can always find a quiet place. Any questions or more details? I will be on line a few more minutes. Oh yeah Cotton, I thought of you many times last week. Don't know you but I feel like I do.:D I think DH & I are now in love with Celebration as much as you.

Candy

After being on so many cruise's I don't think the cruise director jokes are very funny anymore, untill I went on the Celebration and yes Big Tex is very funny. I haven't laughed like that in a while. His jokes were fresh. and the ship you are right was very clean and a very good crew. I would do that ship again.

We really enjoyed our cruise too. We were in the Horizon dining room for the 8:30 seating. I think DH & I are getting too old. Next time we are going for the 6:30 time. So I didn't see you at dinner. Probably saw you in the Wheelhouse that was me at the dessert bar:p . Oh my that dark, rich chocolate tort, to die for. I even liked the diet orange & lemon cakes.

I am at work now and can't see your pics. (filters) I will look at them when I get home tonight. See if hubby will post ours.

Take care, Candy E96

I am so glad to hear that the Celebration is still a fun ship. My husband and my self and 48 other couples will be taking the cruise out of JAX on Feb.5 of 2007. We belong to a PT Cruiser Club base in the Carolinas.We have met so many GREAT friends since owning this little car. We have friends from as far away as California and Canada that will be joining us on the 5 day cruise. We have many folks that this will be their first cruise. We look forward to being with our friends on this ship.

Rick & Susie

Charlotte NC.:) :) :)

Candy

I'm not sure how to take the "redneck" comment. Please don't apply it to all the Georgia people. You're from Tennessee? We're basically on the same level. Every ship leaving from a Florida port other than Miami will have a big percentage of southern people on them. We were on a three-night RCCL cruise last weekend, and everybody we met was from Florida. Quite frankly, I don't really care where everybody is from as long as they are pleasant.

But thanks for the review of the Celebration. Some of my family members (from Georgia and Florida) are going on the five-night in November.

Archived