FINALLY Booked the Intercontinental

emen822

I booked the IC for 11/4 for $114 a month or so ago.

For those who have stayed here before, can you tell me how far away the hotel is from a nice beach? We are also staying in Miami the day we come back from the cruise and we want to stay at a hotel close to a beach/. If the IC is close enough, I may just book our 11/12 night there as well.

Thanks to all who reply!

I booked the IC for 11/4 for $114 a month or so ago.

For those who have stayed here before, can you tell me how far away the hotel is from a nice beach? We are also staying in Miami the day we come back from the cruise and we want to stay at a hotel close to a beach/. If the IC is close enough, I may just book our 11/12 night there as well.

Thanks to all who reply!

The IC is lcoated in the downtown area of Miami. You will have to take the casueway to get to the beach. I suggest either 3rd street and Ocean drive, there is a JW MArriot there and a Starbucks for a nice after beach frapuccino or little more North 7th Street and Ocean for the partygoers, you can get a frozen drink at Wet Willies right across the street from the beach and a little further North is a very nice area at 16th Street and Ocean Drive where a lot of the nice hotels are and they have revamped the boardwalk area (which is really a cement area where you can rollerblade, ride bike jog or whatever right next to the beach. Either three of these locations will be about 15-20 minutes away depending how far north you go.

If you want to stay near the beach you would need to look for a hotel in South Beach.:)

Hi everyone,

Could someone tell me if there is a walgreens or any type of drug store that is within walking distance of the IC. Need to pick up a couple of things that will not fit into the quart size baggie (lotion and such). Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Laura

Hi everyone,Could someone tell me if there is a walgreens or any type of drug store that is within walking distance of the IC. Thanks for taking the time to answer.Laura

////////

There's a Walgreens within a short walking distance of the IC at 1 SE 3rd Avenue.

//////

Hi everyone,

Could someone tell me if there is a walgreens or any type of drug store that is within walking distance of the IC. Need to pick up a couple of things that will not fit into the quart size baggie (lotion and such). Thanks for taking the time to answer.

Laura

There are two Walgreens that you can go to:

1 E. Flager Street or 1 SE 3rd Ave

I, too, tried Priceline in July 2006 for our April 2007 cruise on the Valor. I bid up to $150. and still didn't get the IC. I went to Hotwire and got the IC precruise for $174. I want all my ducks in a row or I would worry until I got the hotel, so I don't mind the $174 price tag. I come from a resort area in New Jersey and in the summer time if you don't have a reservation for Saturday night you will sleep in the car!:D Can't wait for April and the cruise, some people just have better tolerance for arranging things closer to the cruise date. I got my airfare for $212 ($150 savings over last year when I was a newbie to cruising and booked air through Carnival); I got the IC for $174 and that's a bargain compared to Jersey shore high season prices; my cruise just dropped $300 for two from our booking price and was upgraded from an 8A to 8E balcony on the Valor, thanks to my vigilant PVP; the only thing that could be better is if I get upgraded to a suite! You never know!

Archived