Hyatt Regency in Miami ?????'s

FirstTimer from Ohio

All:

I just won a bid on priceline for a 2 night post cruise stay at the Hyatt in Miami. Can anyone give me information about the hotel who has stayed there before.

How far from port is it?

Are the rooms nice?

Wireless Internet?

Shopping at Bayside, how far is it and is it worth it?

Any other input is appreciated.

By the way, we will be sailing on the Navigator of the Sea's Sept. 30th sailing.

Thanks,

FirstTimer

We stayed at Hyatt Regency downtown Miami 2005 3 days precruise and 2 days post. Very nice hotel, food a little pricey, but there are local resturants.Some interesting shops on streets going down to waterfront on Biscayne Bay.

Short 10 minute taxi ride to pier..think was around $10-15 area.

The rooms are very nice..we had upper story room overlooking bay..the street noise can be a little much if balcony door is open. There is a fair amount of water traffic on the canal..use little alarms to raise the drawbridge. Fun to watch though. On plus size..beds and pillows were very comfortable, room ar big, nice "private" area around bathroom with a little dressing area..nice feature if friends are visiting.

Walkable to Bayside, but wouldn't do it at night, along waterfront..pretty walk about 20 minutes. Rail system also near hotel, OK during day and cheap..very quick to Bayside. Bayside is worth a look, people watch place, some good shopping and food good..lots of selection.

Check out the local commerce section of Miami-Dade county website...has street maps, bus and rail schedules to print.

Have a fabulous cruise..the first is special and will create a yearning for more.

Kathy, we are staying at the Hyatt for a one night and were told the hotel is in downtown, from the link you provided it doesn't look downtown so is there more than one Hyatt in the area?

Firsttimer, how good of a price did you get, we were given a rate of $150 from our travel agency. Nice price but who knows if they just built into the overall package and told us that was the price. BTW after you curise you'll have to change you userid:) . Enjoy your cruise...

Kathy, we are staying at the Hyatt for a one night and were told the hotel is in downtown, from the link you provided it doesn't look downtown so is there more than one Hyatt in the area?

Firsttimer, how good of a price did you get, we were given a rate of $150 from our travel agency. Nice price but who knows if they just built into the overall package and told us that was the price. BTW after you curise you'll have to change you userid:) . Enjoy your cruise...

There is only one Hyatt in Downtown...My commencement was there a few years ago :) the other Hyatt is on Coral Gables - We have Mothers Day brunch there every year :) .

I have a pic of it (the lobby anyway)in my signature, if that will help. Couldn't post them all on webshots, it would have taken forever to look through everything. It was nice enough I guess, it was clean anyway. Lots of city noise if you leave the balcony door open, it is close to the Suntrust building. About a 10 minute ride to the pier. Bayside is close, loads of shopping, boat tours, and places to eat. Eat at Bayside, the hotel charges $10 for a burger. It's an expensive restaraunt in there.

we just stayed there last week, it is a very nice hotel, we used the tram which is connected to the hotel to get to bayside, our room was a corner room with lots of windows, and a balcony, we had our car, but the ride to the pier was about a mile, or less. I got the hotel on Priceline for $70. and it was well worth it. Like to poster above said, the food was very pricey, we ate at Bayside,

Does anyone know if there is a restaurant/cafe within walking distance of the Hyatt for a quick breakfast?

There is a Latin American Cafe (name of the restaurant) inside of Bayside where you can get breakfast. There is also a Starbucks on SE 3rd Avenue and 1st Street.

there is a coffee pot in your room where you can make coffee and tea, we did this and brought a muffin back from bayside from the night before, knowing that we would be on the ship for lunch, (was on before 11:30), we decided we didnot need a big breakfast. I also saw a bakery from my window, but dont know what street it was, our room was on the front of the hotel. Have a great cruise

Does anyone know if I can get a 6 or 12 pack of bottle water and Pepsi anywhere near the Hyatt? If not right near the hotel, is there someplace at Bayside to pick it up? Thanks

There is a Walgreens on 1 Se 3rd Ave or at 1 E. Flagler St. Both are in the vicinity of the Hyatt.

Archived