Has anyone used online booking agencies?

the kids and me

Hi all, I'm looking at booking my next cruise soon, I went to my TA and got a quote and got them to hold a booking fom me (for 7 days). I then checked xxx.com and saw substantial savings been offered there. I was wondering if anyone out there has dealed with them and if so how did you find their service? I like to be able to wander in to my TA if i've got any quieries and to pay off my holiday in person but if I can save some money I might give the online agency a go. Would like to hear any thoughts and experiences (good or bad)

Stewart

Agency names not permitted on Cruise Critic

I used another on line agency but I will use xxx next time as they were easier to access and were very good from having spoken to them on a number of occasions, there may be others, and I would also be interested to know but bc are very good and good service.

Hi all, I'm looking at booking my next cruise soon, I went to my TA and got a quote and got them to hold a booking fom me (for 7 days). I then checked xxx.com and saw substantial savings been offered there. I was wondering if anyone out there has dealed with them and if so how did you find their service? I like to be able to wander in to my TA if i've got any quieries and to pay off my holiday in person but if I can save some money I might give the online agency a go. Would like to hear any thoughts and experiences (good or bad)

Stewart

Hi Stewart, I've booked my next cruise thru xxx.com and I have to tell you they are great. Because this was a short notice cruise I had to pay the balance the following week but that was Ok. We got such a great bargin. I paid it thru their nominated bank and have had emails and sent emails and they have done everything to help me out. We don't have a room nominated yet so I've been on the email twice and Sue has got back to me immediately with a response. (still waiting for a room no. but hey hopefully that's a good sign!!):D

I've never booked this kind of thing thru anyone other than a TA so I was nervous at first but I am now a convert. If you've got a better bargin thru xxx go for it. Also I know Aussiedisney booked the same cruise as ours thru xxx too, so she may have more to add.:p

Hope this helps.

Kerri:)

We have booked this coming cruise through xxx because they had the best price. Usually I get the xxx email and take it to my local TA and so far they have matched it.

A girl from work has booked 3 cruises with them and had no problem. I haven't been happy with them in the past because twice they have provided us with written quotes for back to back cruises and when we accepted the quote and attempted to pay the invoice in full they have discovered they have made a mistake and only charged us for 1/2 the cruise and wont accept any responsibility. The last time we had "paid in full" by supplying our Credit card details and then authorising full payment.

Hi Stewart,

We just booked another cruise a couple of weeks ago. We originally booked with P&O direct. ( the current 2 4 one specials brouchre) We picked a date that suited us and also used the discounts on offer 30% - 50%. Some specials are FANTASTIC value but you must go when the discounts are on. No choice on dates.

Anyway, my wife booked and I wasn't completely satisfied. So I started to surf the net. I found xxx, went through the current specials and found our exact cruise (R715) on special. We managed to get another $300 off our cruise AND $75 per person credit on our cruise card! We went from our original Price of $3664 ( 2 adults and 2 children) to $2975 and we went up two decks!

the address is xxx

Regards,

Peter

I have used two different online booking agents. Actually we booked our cruise for last year through xxx at their sale day, so technically wasn't online, but they still are an online booking agent. We had a few bumps along the way with them, with phone calls not being returned, no replies to emails, mind you this after we have paid in full.

We thought that we would give them a second go, and asked for a quote for a cruise around Hawaii. We rang 6 times, and emailed 3 times, and never once did thay ever got back to us. So they have lost a customer in us.

This time we booked through xxx. They have been fanatstic. Nothing is too much trouble, even after full payment. They return phone calls within the hour, and reply to emails. And their prices are better than xxx. We will definately be booking through them again.:)

Though as with everything, some people have great service, while other people have nothing but trouble.

Best of luck.

Reminder. Our guidelines do not permit any travel agent recommendations.

...There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Touting of your personal cruise agent is not allowed on our message boards.

No problem. It's intuitive to want to share good deals on our boards.

The underlying reason for this guideline is that we have had some experiences where people from agencies post glowing references about themselves, along with links, of course, which encourages other agencies...etc.

Another problem is the legitimate post that praises an agency followed by one that complains about some mistreatment or other. Because we do not permit agencies to post anything at all in defense of their position a good agency can be unfairly tarnished by one bad experience by one Cruise Critic member.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi everyone, new to the site have just been reading through all the Q & A's and its great. For the last 5 years we have booked all our travel needs with xx on the internet both here in Australia and in England, be it for cruising, international or domestic flights, wouldnt be without it..... substantial savings to be made..... just do your homework on the sites you are dealing with. cheers :cool: &:cool:

i booked 9 nites thru a brisbane based internet agency $795 twin share in january this year on pacific sky,s last aussie cruise 12 nites $1095 TWIN SHARE AND GOT upgraded to a deck that was thru a sydney based internet agency they were great follow up calls and absolutely safe. i asked my melbourne t/a to match she agreed but wanted $150 per person booking fee i think i will stick to the internet crowd in sydney

i booked 9 nites thru a brisbane based internet agency $795 twin share in january this year on pacific sky,s last aussie cruise 12 nites $1095 TWIN SHARE AND GOT upgraded to a deck that was thru a sydney based internet agency they were great follow up calls and absolutely safe. i asked my melbourne t/a to match she agreed but wanted $150 per person booking fee i think i will stick to the internet crowd in sydney

Sorry Claudio, I'm a little confused:confused: . Was it 9 nights @ $795 or 12 nights @ $1095? Or was this 2 different cruises? Either way, great bargain!!!

Karen

sorry it was 795 for the 9 nighter and 1095 for the 12 nighter fantastic prices you wont get them school holidays/ christmas etc. ithink the bargains will start again soon as next year there will be some extra ships in oz norwegian cruise line will do a south pacific cruise , the emerald will be as well

Archived