How much luggage

Mixed Up

For a 14 day cruise without any flying, how much luggage would we not look rediculuous turning up at the port with?

A large case for a 14 day flying holiday is 20Kg (44 pounds) so 50% more in a second case each seems reasonable. But 2 big and 2 smaller cases per couple seems a lot.:confused: Any comments?

Do not worry. Take as much luggage as you want. By the end of our January 12-day cruise the originally four suitcases had grown to five.

Better to have some more luggage than to regret to have left the right dress etc. for some occasions at home.

I love not having to fly,firstly because I really dont like it and secondly it means I can take anything I like on my holiday!A girl cannot have too many shoes,bags ,dresses etc, can they.I love to change often and nowadays how many places call for the full works!Bring as many suitcases as you THINK you will need,and then perhaps an extra.Dress up to the nines and have a wonderful time.

Kathie.:)

p.s Can you tell the exitement is really getting to me now.

For a 14 day cruise without any flying, how much luggage would we not look ridiculous turning up at the port with?

Once you've read the replies are you getting the idea that there's no such thing as "Too much luggage"! If it won't all fit in one cabin then take a second one:D

Last Christmas (16 nights), my partner and I (both men, so no handbags, dozens of shoes, ball gowns, etc), took a very large suitcase, two large suitcases and two holdalls. On top of that you have to allow for the bags that contain the essentials you might need on the way to the port and the assorted cameras, binoculars, etc that are too fragile to pack. When we went in May, just for five nights, we took exactly the same with the exception of the large suitcase. We didn't feel that we'd over packed on either occasion.:)

On one of the threads recently (sorry - can't remember which one) someone was describing their cruise and the fact that they had 15 pieces of luggage! So I don't think you need to worry! Have a great trip.

actually we had 18 pieces of luggage 15 for my wife and 3 for me!! that was for an 18 day xmas cruise on the qe2 nyc to nyc!! No airline would have us!!!!

best regards to all!!!

Last Christmas (16 nights), my partner and I (both men, so no handbags, dozens of shoes, ball gowns, etc),

On our recent cruise we took a suitcase full of shoes alone! What's more my husband was worse than us, since not only did he take a black pair and a brown pair (plus wore a more comfortable pair) he also bought another black pair and another brown pair while we were away! :eek:

He also took 3 suits (no tux yet, we're working on that for next year :D ) and 2 additional jackets.... and they say women are bad...

How about 15 ball gowns 12 dresses (for my wife of course:D ) plus all the stuff that goes with it. Me, I had 3 tuxes, and 5 suites, and that was just to dress for dinner. One of the couples was joking that they need a C130 cargo plane to fly there luggage in and a semi to move it to the ship.

So I don't think that there is such a thing as to much luggage on a cruise.

Take it all and live it up.:)

Thank goodness!! I looked into a 29 inch suitcase yesterday and tried to visualize everything fitted into 2 of those things...don't think it's going to happen. Personally I love the idea of an extra bag for shoes....and one for all the miscellaneous stuff....one for the gowns and tux of course....thank heaven we're driving. And thankfully my DH doesn't read these forums!! What he doesn't know til it's time to load the car will certainly make my life more pleasant til the last minute!! ;) Cheers, penny

Thank goodness!! I looked into a 29 inch suitcase yesterday and tried to visualize everything fitted into 2 of those things...don't think it's going to happen. Personally I love the idea of an extra bag for shoes....and one for all the miscellaneous stuff....one for the gowns and tux of course....thank heaven we're driving. And thankfully my DH doesn't read these forums!! What he doesn't know til it's time to load the car will certainly make my life more pleasant til the last minute!! ;) Cheers, penny

Don't forget to reserve the U-Haul. They get taken pretty fast that time of year!

<G>

Archived