Can you eat lunch on embarkation day in the dining room?

a9753

Good morning,

We have ALWAYS found one DR open and serving lunch. It is geared towards the B2B guests and also TA but IF you are allowed onboard between the noon to 1pm lunch window you may certainly have lunch..It is NOT in every DR you must check between the Anytime DRs and the Traditional as I believe it is on a rotation.

Enjoy your lunch all!! P.S. ( a smile will never hurt ...but it's not required for entry:D :) )

We just got off the Diamond Princess yesterday & the dining room was not open on embarkation day. We do not care for the buffet food in the Horizon Court so we ordered room service for lunch. You just never know if the dining room will be open on embarkation day... sometimes it is & sometimes it is not. Each ship is somewhat different. By the way, our cruise was wonderful & we will be posting a review shortly! :rolleyes:

We were on the 4/1 Dawn sailing and were turned away from the dining room with a lame excuse of not being able to get it ready for dinner if 2000 pax ate lunch there. I also said it was listed in the Patters but he refused to let us in - one of my only complaints on the cruise. Not the best way to welcome new passengers but the rest of the cruise was great. I wonder if he knew how chaotic it was in the buffet with 2000 pax trying to eat at the same time! Now that I've read this I will take my Patters with me and point it out. This is one area that NCL beats Princess in as we have always been made to feel welcome for lunch in the dining room on the first day.

We just got off the Diamond Princess yesterday & the dining room was not open on embarkation day. We do not care for the buffet food in the Horizon Court so we ordered room service for lunch. You just never know if the dining room will be open on embarkation day... sometimes it is & sometimes it is not. Each ship is somewhat different. By the way, our cruise was wonderful & we will be posting a review shortly! :rolleyes:

You are saying that room service is available for lunch? Can you please tell me what sort of things are on the room service menu?

Archived