Internet package on Monarch of the Seas

walknbluez

Well almost there, we'll be leaving on a quickie 4 night cruise on 9/18. I was wondering if Monarch has the $100 pre-paid internet package and if that is only good in the internet cafe or in the cabin. The laptop has a wireless router. Any help is appreciated! :)

Well almost there, we'll be leaving on a quickie 4 night cruise on 9/18. I was wondering if Monarch has the $100 pre-paid internet package and if that is only good in the internet cafe or in the cabin. The laptop has a wireless router. Any help is appreciated! :)

I have not heard of this internet package that you're speaking of.

If there is such a thing, I would love to hear more about it.

Where did you hear about it? What other ships is it offered on?

I have not heard of this internet package that you're speaking of.

If there is such a thing, I would love to hear more about it.

Where did you hear about it? What other ships is it offered on?

I heard about it on this message board but I'm not sure where to sign up for it. I believe this package gives you wireless high speed access (but not in the cabin)

More like medium speed, but faster than the Internet cafe. You can different packages of minutes that bring the cost from .50/minute down to .33/minute if you buy (I forget how many) minutes. There is no "unlimited usage" package.

When you first sign up in the Internet cafe you can pick up a little brochure that tells you the hot spots. I remember the Circuit lounge & Windjammer, but there are 5 or 6 in all. We got a really weak signal in our cabin (Deck 10 aft), not strong enough to work.

More like medium speed, but faster than the Internet cafe. You can different packages of minutes that bring the cost from .50/minute down to .33/minute if you buy (I forget how many) minutes. There is no "unlimited usage" package.

When you first sign up in the Internet cafe you can pick up a little brochure that tells you the hot spots. I remember the Circuit lounge & Windjammer, but there are 5 or 6 in all. We got a really weak signal in our cabin (Deck 10 aft), not strong enough to work.

Thanks that was the info I was looking for. As long as I can check in once per day for about 30 minutes medium speed should work for me.

You're talking about cyber cabin which is a pre-paid dial up option for in your cabin. Do a search for cyber cabin and you'll get more info than you could ever want. Wi-Fi on the other hand is available in selected areas (except Freedom which has Wi-Fi stem to stern). Take a look at the RCL FAQ (sticky), page 3 post 41, sorry I don't feel like copying the link for the second time today, since this question comes up about 3 times/week. It's got the package prices for Wi-Fi, and details for what you need hardware wise, if you're laptop is a Windows machine you should be fine. While you're at it, you'll be amazed at the things you could learn from the FAQ while you're perusing it. Good luck and happy cruising.

You're talking about cyber cabin which is a pre-paid dial up option for in your cabin. Do a search for cyber cabin and you'll get more info than you could ever want. Wi-Fi on the other hand is available in selected areas (except Freedom which has Wi-Fi stem to stern). Take a look at the RCL FAQ (sticky), page 3 post 41, sorry I don't feel like copying the link for the second time today, since this question comes up about 3 times/week. It's got the package prices for Wi-Fi, and details for what you need hardware wise, if you're laptop is a Windows machine you should be fine. While you're at it, you'll be amazed at the things you could learn from the FAQ while you're perusing it. Good luck and happy cruising.

Thanks, I checked it out and great information there. I will do some more poking around in there!

You're talking about cyber cabin which is a pre-paid dial up option for in your cabin. Do a search for cyber cabin and you'll get more info than you could ever want. Wi-Fi on the other hand is available in selected areas (except Freedom which has Wi-Fi stem to stern).

In response to the OP's question concerning that specific ship, Wi-fi is the only option for a laptop on the Monarch as it does not have cyber cabin.

Actually it's a network connection tied to a satellite dish. Dial-up is a modem and phone line.

I understand that it works through the satellite connection, but as far as the computer is concerned, it's a dial up connection in the room that connects through your laptop modem. Provided that cyber cabin is available onboard. Another poster said that cyber cabin isn't even available on Monarch.

Archived