10/31/06 Jewel of the Seas

Cindi314

It is a 12 night cruise, so I would expect that we will have three formal nights. When we sailed on Jewel last year on the r/t from Boston to Bermuda and the Caribbean, there were three formal nights as well and that was a 10 night cruise.:) Are you aware that they have shortened out time in Aruba by two hours (we are now scheduled to leave at 11pm Thursday night instead of 1am on Friday)?

Thanks - I thought there would probably be 3 formal nights, just wasn't sure. I did see that they shortened the time in Aruba on RCCL's site yesterday. I wonder why???? Didn't they also shorten the time in Bermuda a while ago? Oh well - it will still be a great cruise!!!

I think it may have had to do with the length of time required to get to FLL from Aruba without having to go at top speed. In the past we have gone from Aruba to Curaçao before heading back to our homeport. The ship could easily stay in Aruba later because of the short distance between Aruba and Curaçao. It then would depart Curaçao at 5pm and be in the home port on schedule.

Be flexible and whatever scheduling changes may occur won't be a real problem. Last year they rescheduled our time in Bermuda so that instead of leaving in the afternoon of our second day, we were supposed to leave at 7:00 am. The fringe effects of Wilma caused us to stay in Bermuda until late in the afternoon, but we still arrived in our next port pretty much on time.:)

At least our time in San Juan is unchanged.

Archived