(Cruiseline Formal) OK, h3ll has frozen over, I am admitting I was wrong

flagger

On ebay...this I know!

On home page choice Clothing & Accessories,

then Womans Clothing, then Plus Sizes, then Dresses, then Evening

oh never mind here is a link:

http://clothing.listings.ebay.com/Plus-Sizes_Dresses_W0QQa22868ZQ2d24QQa54ZQ2d24QQa6Z22981QQa94ZQ2d24QQalistZa6Q2ca54Q2ca22868Q2ca53Q2ca94Q2ca3801QQcatrefZC6QQcoactionZcompareQQcoentrypageZsearchQQcopagenumZ1QQfromZR2QQgcsZ1112QQgotopageZQQlopgZQQpfZShowQ20ItemsQQpf_queryZQQpfidZ1285QQreqtypeZ2QQsacategoryZ63880QQsapricehiZQQsapriceloZQQsatitleZQQsbrftogZ1QQsocmdZListingItemListQQsofocusZpfQQsosortorderZ2QQsosortpropertyZ2QQsotrZ2

There will also be dressy pant outfits under this catagory.

PS there will be a larger selection the closer we get to holidays. Shop by measurements not size!

Happy Shopping!

If you go to the Browse function of eBay and select clothing, then women's clothing, then plus sizes, then dresses - you will get an ebay dress finder search in the left column. (follow the prompts - its sounds more complicated than it is..) You can select your exact size, formal or party/occasion, and even style of dress and predominant color.

Otherwise just make sure to put her size in the search. I assure you there are plenty of fancy duds in many plus-sizes both new and used.

I, myself , am listing some formal gowns next week in sizes 16-20 on Ebay! Just bought a cute blue silk dress in a 16 for my upcoming voyage. God I love the world's biggest fanciest garage sale!

I don't know what size your misses is, but here is a super deal on a formal outfit I found that, at this price, could be altered. 5308738770 is the ebay item number. It's a 2 piece outfit which usually are easier to fit. Hope this helps! :)

Hi WineDiva:

Thanks for asking. Actually we were visiting my MIL over the weekend and she found a consignment shop for fluffy folks and she bought two formal dresses and a third outfit. Thanks for all of the suggestions though.

Hi Flagger,

So glad you got in the spirit of formal night!!! I probably came down harder on you than anyone on this board when you first started posting. I offer no apologies. My DH REFUSES to cruise if people do not adhere to the dress code. We have recently cancelled two cruises because of this. Yes, we really feel it ruins the ambiance. When your day to day lifestyle and work is comprised of Levi's, t-shirts, and shorts, it is SOOO SPECIAL to be able to do something you do not normally do. And Dennis really does look like James Bond in the dinner jacket!!!!

My DH lives in Levi's. It is our business (logistics management company). Have you ever seen anyone on a dock loading freight in his suit? Probably not, unless they got corralled into it. Therefore, it really IS special to us to be able to dress up and have everyone around us in the same type of clothes. We would look like fools in those clothes anywhere else in our normal lives (and ruin the clothes, needless to say).

Thanks for participating and adhering to the dress code. Hopefully, X will enforce the dress code and we will not be forced onto other lines. Enjoy your cruise!!!! We will be in Alaska Aug. 31- Sept. 12. We go every year in August-Sept., so if you have questions, please feel free to ask.

I am glad your wife found formal wear. I, too, would recommend Ebay. You just have to keep searching-different keywords, etc. I find spectacular, Designer stuff for next to nothing (in the scheme of things).

Gina

• 2 months later...

Hi Flaggler

We've had my grandson on 3 cruises and he's sailing on Constellation in March. He's 4! He was 8 months old on his first cruise on Century. He's been on Millie, and Zenith. The cabin stewards, waiters, bus boys, just about everyone loved him and took care of him. The others are correct. The waiters and staff so miss their families and grandkids that they play with the kids constantly. On Millie the waiter even bought him a toy to play with. Don't worry about a thing. Everyone will love having a young child around (except those who never had one). Just kidding:D

Go and enjoy your cruise. My grandson still talks about going on a cruise and is really excited about the next one. He's a great traveler and I'm sure your daughter is also. Ryan will have his first experience with the kid's program this time so we'll so how well he does.

Archived